Is it okay to always ask permission to do something on the first date?

As a female I'm more comfortable when a guy always asks if he can kiss me... etc. is it okay if I do the same thing back On a first date? Like if I wanted to kiss him and asked him if it was ok, would he be weirded out that I asked him? Or is it better to ask

122

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it's OK to ask for permission. It would be better to ask beforehand and him think it's weird than not ask him and things potentially get really weird, especially on the first date after that one should have a firm enough grasp on what the other is OK with in that respect.

What Guys Said 21

• Are you nuts? Yeah, of course that would be cute to say. Sometimes its nice that the girl does that. Makes me feel more comfortable knowing she wants to kiss.

• Absolutely not! Personally I would that cute. Are girl taking initiave is always appreciated as it is expected we should always make the first move. Honestly you can go both ways, ask him or just kiss him. I would be very surprised if he cares! Either way he gets to kiss you :)

• Personally, it'd be a little weird for me. I wouldn't say anything aside from giving an answer; but I think in general most guys just go with the flow of how things are going. It's a date, not an interview.

• It is okay! It would be kind of cute! It is not better or worse to ask, baby:) Just know that a kiss from a pretty girl is always welcomeπŸ˜πŸ˜™

• You shouldn't initiate it like that in my opinion, try subtle touching instead and if he's a red blooded man he'll respond.

• I would find it a turn off if the girl asks if she can kiss. Ideally, I want someone who can read body languages and have a bit of confidence to kiss or hug me without having to ask for permission.

If you're comfortable asking for permission then keep doing that.

• I guess I'm out of luck, I can barely ever recognize people's body language. So I guess our first date wouldn't end up with kisses.

• @Blueberry_Spicehead πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ just pay attention to the subtle signs.

• That's not really the issue, I can barely make out what kind of face people are making unless they are overt and painfully obvious ones, and I sure can't read body language. Heck, I can't even catch most vocal cues.

• I'd be ok if my girlfriend asked me permission. Nothing wrong with that. It's ok to ask him and even better to help prevent making him uncomfortable if you kiss him and he is not expecting it.

• absolutely it's ok. unless you have some reason to think they'd be ok with you invading their space, then how are you to know if you don't ask?

• As a rule I never ask permission to kiss a girl or hold her hand. Show, don't tell.

• Oh, permission mommy? Egads. Total fail.

• nah if a girl asked me that It would make the kiss awkward, just go for it

• First date, I'd ask. This is me though and take getting physical slow.

• I prefer to be asked, I've been surprised before, it was ok and the passion went wild but it was ok I guess.

• If it was the first date I'd ask just to be on the safe side

• whoa, no awkward pauses?

• by asking it shows respect and if a person's go to show you respect they can't be too bad of a person but tell him no unless you really like them then I still say no and when you getting ready to leave getting a quick kiss on the cheek

• I'd find it a little funny and cute. Probably gives a better chance at a yes.

• No you should've kissed him with a surprise.

• what ever is more comfortable for you. it won't be a big deal for him if he likes you

• if you have to ask if its ok then really how romantic could your date have been

• You can. Guys don't care if girls aren't confident, we don't view it as bad that you can't just read the mood, and we're not turned off by direct questions.

What Girls Said 1

• I am not sure. Personally speaking, I get turned off by that