Who wouldn't date a bi person for fear that they would cheat on you with the other gender?

So obviously I'm bisexual. I was talking to a guy on here who said he wouldn't date a bi girl because they wouldn't be able to go their entire life without cheating with the opposite gender, which is honestly a bunch of crap that I don't know who came up with. This is the first time I've ever been told this by a guy. Normally they like the idea because they think it will lead to a threesome or something.(with me it won't). I've been regularly told this by lesbians though who think I would have some need to be with another man. I actually dated someone for several weeks before telling someone her that I was bi and it was enough for her to decide she didn't want to see me again or pursue a relationship. I think if you are attracted to someone and love them you should be able to have a monogamous relationship wether you are gay straight bi transgender or whatever. I care about what is in someone's heart and mind... not between their legs. Saying that I can't be with only one gender would be like me telling a guy that he couldn't be with one person for the rest of his life. The fact is that Mother Nature did not design men to be monogamous. Males are supposed to impregnate as many females as possible to have as many offspring with the best chance of carrying in their family line and ensuring the survival of the species. Us females on the other hand are much more selective since we can only have so many offspring throughout a lifetime (some species can only give birth once).

See the rest in my Response below. It wouldn't fit do to character limits.

• I'm a straight male and would date a bi female
    5%(1)45%(24)Vote72%(23)
  • I'm a straight male and would not date a bi female
    0%(0)11%(6)Vote19%(6)
  • I'm a straight female and would date a bi male
    29%(6)11%(6)Vote0%(0)
  • I'm a straight female and would not date a bi male
    33%(7)13%(7)Vote0%(0)
  • I'm a lesbian female and would date a bi female
    10%(2)4%(2)Vote0%(0)
  • I'm a lesbian female and would not date a bi female
    0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
  • My option isn't listed here (I'm bisexual or a gay male).
    23%(5)16%(8)Vote9%(3)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know exactly why, but if I married a bisexual female, and she occasionally wanted to go out and have (safe) sex with another woman, it wouldn't bother me. I figure so long as she comes back to me, then I'm the one she loves.

• I don't know I've been cheated on with a guy and with another girl and honestly it hurts just as much. It would either mean that physically I'm not pleasing the person or even worse they have formed an emotional connection with them that they don't have with me.

• That's part of it. It's a lot of different things. Anyway when your in a relationship you usually end up giving up some sexual thing you like. If I'm dating a girl she can still give me oral or use her fingers or toys or whatever. I can live with that. If I'm with a guy he can give me oral or use his fingers or fuck the shit out of me. It's different with each gender and ya I'd miss little things but I could live with it. On the other hand I work with a straight guy friend who's wife will not give him blowjobs. Apparently she did before they were married and then told him she hated it and wasn't going to do it anymore. Imagine that you will never ever receive a blowjob again for the rest of your life and aren't even bisexual. That just sucks.

• i see...
      liking sexual stuff and then at once having no access to certain ways of stimulation anymore - must be painful...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't fear that at all. I'd be open to it.

• That's awesome that guys more open minded then most. A lot of my female friends who are actually bi themselves won't date bi guys just because they are worried they could somehow get HIV or something. Kind if ridicules I think. You should be having safe sex regardless of what gender you're having it with. Your straight by the way right?

• Just messing

• no lol no worries at all:)

What Guys Said 12

• There was a really interesting myTake on GaG about a year ago. It was written by this bi woman who talked about leaving her husband. She explained that he didn't do anything wrong at all, but that she just couldn't get past her longing for the female body and to be with a woman. I really doubt that her feelings about that are unique. So no, I wouldn't knowingly get involved with a bi woman.

• im bisexual and im dating someone who is also bisexual

• And guy don't have like an open relationship or threesomes with other people?

• it pisses me off too

• I know it's a lot harder on bi males too. I have several female friends who will not date a bi male because they think there is a risk of getting HIV or something.

• I would have a problem with it personally and I don't think they would cheat just cause there bi,
    I bet this comes out to be a minority thing and not the majority opinion.
    plus side a bi girlfriend would be good for watching porn with

• It's usually gay people if either gender who are less likely to date a bi person. They can't see why someone would choose to be with someone of the same sex when they could have a completely normal relationship without any stigma. Sadly I've also met straight and bi females who will not date bi males because they think they will get HIV or something.

• Im so ignorant to the world around me
      I live in London
      there is no stigma on being gay
      everyone just accepts and moves on
      I would have guessed a straight man is most likely to cheat

• I've never been to Europe but it's well known that it's a lot more liberal than here in the US.

• I'm a straight man and I have dated several bisexual girls, I'm in a relationship with one right now. Bi or not, jealousy is toxic. If he says that I'm afraid he may have some self-esteem problems or insecurity. Bi or not anyone can cheat on his/her partner. You need to trust each other.

• I'm A. Seeing the concern on the internet, I sure tried to think about it. But I came to the conclusion that if she has attraction to a person, then it would probably be an intense attraction either way, and it wouldn't be lesser just because she likes both ways.

• It's his right as a human being to believe whatever he wants to, I really wouldn't let it get to me if I were you.

• I wouldn't be bothered by the tho of that

• if you fear getting cheated you can also get cheatet with a straight person...

• That guy's logic makes no sense, UNLESS if you are attracted a lot more to the same sex.

• Id date a bi female just for the ability to have MFF threesomes 😛

• Good luck with that one.

• I would date them on there morals

• both my ex wives were bi and one left me and got with an ex male friend of mine and the other one refused to do anything with another woman while with me but i have always said "hey i dont have a vagina or breast and if you really want to fool around with another woman thats fine but either make it a threesom, save energy for me later or let me watch i had a girlfriend who our mutual friend would come over and fuck us separate but the other would watch and it was actually fun she watched us a couple of times and it got us off even more knowing she was sitting on the other side of the room getting herself off to us

• That's actually kind of hot. So your ex wife watched you and the other girl or the other girl watched you and your ex wife?

• Why did guy get divorced?

• her excuse was i was to rough in bed she needed someone more gentle i still to this day believe she started screwing my used to be friend who we were helping out cause he got evicted cause i was gone 40-60 hours a week working to pay the bills and they caught feelings behind my back the other one was just crazy and had no ambition after we got married

What Girls Said 10

• I wouldn't be scared they'd cheat on me with a male, male or female both hurts especially because they prefer both so its equally cheating.

• I agree. If you are a cheater you are just as likely to cheat regardless of your sexual orientation. I've had a girl cheat in me with another girl and it hurts just as much.

• I think people will confuse bi for poly, I usually explain Bisexuality by using ice cream flavors. I love both chocolate and vanilla ice cream, I could be fine and happy with either because I enjoy them equally. If the store that I'm at only sells vanilla, then I'd be happy because I'd get some high quality vanilla ice cream on a regular basis. Same thing if I get chocolate. Now if that store has a special deal and they're selling swirl ice cream, I wouldn't turn it down, but I also wouldn't demand that they have that deal all of the time. That's just how I understand it.

• He such a bright guy huh? What a fool? And your attractive to someone without a brain like him.

• Awww thanks hun. Your bi I'm guessing right?

• I completely understand how you feel sweetie. I know it can be confusing. You can pm me if you want and we can talk 🙂

• Nah it's fine. I think I will take my time. I need to lose weight and get a stable job before I convince a girl to fuck me.

• I don't get why people think bi people are more likely to cheat... being attracted to more than one gender doesn't make them incapable of being monogamous. I'm straight and in s monogamous relationship. I still find other men physically attractive, but i have no desire to sleep with them. Why would that be any different if I also happened to find women attractive?

• My boyfriend is bi. I've never had an issue with it.

• And he doesn't like try to get you to have threesomes with other guys or anything like that? I think it would be cool to date a bi guy. We could check out other guys together lol.

• It just goes along with my point. I regularly get told by girls that only like girls that they won't date me because they think I'll need a guy. It's so stupid.

• I don't understand that. Bisexual means you like both genders, not that you're going to date both at once because you need to or something.

• That never made sense to me.

• Nope, a straight guy could cheat on me just as well.

• I would nt

• I wouldn't not because of cheating but because I don't find that attractive

• This is where I feel bad for bi guys. As a bi girl I can say that even if they are worried about being cheated on I've never met a guy who finds it unattractive. I'd actually like to meet one who isn't asking me about threesomes on the second date. Bi guys have it really rough. I have a lot of female friends including some who are bi themselves who don't date bi men because they are afraid they could get HIV or something even though that's kind of ridicules. Is it the specific mechanics of guy on guy sex that gross you out? Also how would this bother you since he'd be with you. You wouldn't be watching him with another man.

• What that guy said makes no sense. Like, you could date a straight person who cheats with someone of the same sex as you. What difference does it make? Of course bisexual people aren't going to cheat just because they're bisexual. I'd be happy to date a bi guy.

• I had a lot more written about this topic but have to wait before I can update the post.