Unmotivated boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year a half. Our relationship is amazing, and he treats me better than anyone I've ever been with. But there's a catch. i graduate in less than a year and plan on pursuing my masters degree. He is two years older than me and has only completed one semester of college. Recently, he tried to go back and waited until the last minute. They needed a form he could not acquire in time and I dont think he will be able to attend this semester. He has had MONTHS to get this completed but instead waiting until the last minute. Then he blames that it is always something. Everything bad happens to him. I dont know what to do. Its not just this one thing. He is so unmotivated and I can't stand it but i love him with all my heart. How can I be with someone with no goals though and always acts like bad things just happen to him?

• Dump
  • Date

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me tell you a story. I was in a similar situation with my previous girlfriend. She was like your boyfriend no initiate to get stuff done. It got to the point where id cone home 10 hours of work to do both mine AND her chores while she worked 6 hours then went to bed. Also said she'd go to school but never did anything. I had to drag her to the university and set the appointments for her.

I dumped her. I was not going to pick up after her anymore and drag her lazy ass out the door. There are other reasons aside from this but this was one of them.

Now the question to ask is this: Do you want to be in the same vote? Do you want to clean up after him? babysit him? make phone calls for him? Be his personal assistant?
    If you said No to any of those then for your well being you need to cut ties and end it.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he constantly does that, then you should probably reconsider your relationship. However, what you described was just a tiny mistake that could happen to anyone.

What Guys Said 4

• You have to tell him yesterday that "we can't live if we dont work". Has he even worked while attending class or is it " videogamitis", a severe disease that usually strikes lazy, marijuana smoking high school grad.'s who think that once they pass high school and move out to keep mom and pop out of their business, then it will be cool. Now the real work begins.

• You just need to a bit firm with him that's all. Some people don't move their A** unless told. No offence but you need to push him a bit

• house husband

• If you leave him you will be confirming that bad things happen to him. :P

What Girls Said 1

• i'm one of those who said dump him. But in all honesty, it's not your job to pick him up all the time and motivate him. It should be mutual.
    However, at the same time, I must say that I can really say much bad about him because I'm in his shoes right now. I was an excellent student and was always motivated. But recently I've been in a slump... for a year or so... But i have my reasons to be in a slump. Have you tried wondering why he is unmotivated? Is he always like this or something happened to him?
    But at the end of the day, even though I'm in a slump if I was in a relationship... I wouldn't bother my SO but would work towards becoming stronger and better for him and with him.