Is "differences in interests" a logical reason to end things?

Anonymous
This guy and I have went out for about 7 dates and he was really caring and attentive, always doing things like looking out for me, making sure I eat, listening to my problems etc.

I had my doubts about him because he had ghosted on me last year. Anyways I did not reply him for 3 days because I was going through things and I needed time to think. I replied afterwards saying that I was sorry but he did not reply so I prompted again about 2 days later asking if he was upset and to let me know if this meant anything to him. He replied saying that he wasn't and said that both the dates and I meant something to him but due to the differences in interests (he really dislikes some things that I like but he offered to do them with me) he's afraid that it might lead to quarrels and we might not be as happy with our dates.

Is he genuinely afraid of the differences or is he using it as an excuse?
2
2