Do you think HIV infected people should only use HIV dating apps even if they are honest about it?

DO YOU THINK HIV INFECTED PEOPLE SHOULD ONLY USE HIV DATING APPS EVEN IF THEY ARE HONEST ABOUT IT?
OPINIONS BELOW!

• YES
  • NO
  • That is discrimination
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

919

Most Helpful Girl

• They can use whatever means they like to meet people. But before any sexual encounter they must inform the person of their HIV status. Not doing so is a crime (as it should be).

Most Helpful Guy

• it would be a good idea to have those apps, however as long as they say they have HIV then off don't see a problem of them using any app they want

• I agree but it's still difficult for them to navigate main dating apps that don't provide these filter boxes to find Each other. trying to raise awareness.

What Girls Said 8

• A dating app is just one more marketing ploy. Someone is making money off of it, and people are either finding use of it or they aren't. You can bet there are ads to click on, making it so. Someone with HIV might find comfort using the site, as they may be able to meet people who are also having trouble meeting others with HIV who won't judge or discriminate - so for that reason, it's a nice idea. But should it be the *only* way to meet someone? No. Making it a requirement means they're no longer allowed in-person/chance meetings.

What if they find no one personally compatible, or no one living in their area? What if they don't have a smart phone or computer at all? Is there supposed to be a relationship-guarantee when using the site? No, likely not. No one using any site will even know if they are physically attractive to others using that site or any site!

These things aren't fair to just insist it's the only way people with HIV meet, and I think that's how the question made me feel - that it's that way or no way. Like anyone else, they can find whichever way they are comfortable with meeting people, and like @Sara413 says - they need to be responsible by disclosing the fact they have HIV before having sex. Dating app or not, if the other person chooses not to continue the relationship, that's between the two of them.

• I meant only hiv dating apps compared to regular dating apps like match or POF... not meeting in general... of course anyone can meet anybody on any basis...

• I feel like I should be surprised that a so-called "expert" is on here spewing hatred, but when they found most of the experts here they had scraped the bottom of the barrel so hard, they ended up six feet into the topsoil.

• Preach girl!

• Apparently some people are on here just waiting for someone to touch their sensitive little triggers.

• @zagor yes. How is that working out for you? Must be exhausting.

• Yes, i would if it were me. Dating anyone with a std is playing russian roulette with your life. Not worth it at all.

• It would be a little weird but yes, it should be made for people with sexually transmitted diseases because they want to find love too. I'm guessing honest hiv people don't find love very often because people are scared of them

• Thanks for the honest response.

• There are apps but the main apps like match and POF don't have separate boxes for people to check so... just gaging what GAG thinks... thank you for your comment.

• There could be one available for those who choose to use it but there is certainly no way, nor the right, to police HIV positive individuals from using the "mainstream" sites as well.

• I would have to say yes because there are still people who lie about having the disease and in order to keep everyone healthy and honest. I personally think it would be a good idea..

• Personally no. As there's no harm in dating. And it kinda limits their options which in most cases isn't fair as they didn't choose to be infect i e if there long term partner cheats. As long as they're honest and use condoms don't really see the harm

• Yes, that's very helpful. Then they don't have to worry about feeling judged or discriminated against since everyone will get their situation from personal experience

What Guys Said 18

• No! Thats just wrong. Judge a person on who they are today and not the mistakes they made in the past. Because I can guarantee you everyone on this site has made a mistake and more than one. And there are even those who have HIV who didn't get it from unprotected sex!
    Just goes to show you how uneducated pepole really are, should be more worried about them having children rather than those who have HIV. Last time I checked HIV was getting closer to being cured every year, stupidity has not.

• Thank You... trying to get major dating apps to recognize the issue.

• separate boxes matches people quicker unless they are seeking non hiv infected then I get it... as long as they are honest

• @MermaidMotel Have you ever been around people? Say your boss or coworker comes across your dating profile, sees that then the rumors start and next thing you know everyone is treating you better or giving judgmental looks. Thats just one example. Judging people seems to be everyone favorite pass time these days.

The only way it would work would be anonymity in a way that the site owners woukd have to pre-approve you to see others. But even that I don't believe it's the big of a deal as this has been made out to be. I doubt the 36 million people in the world with HIV are single and worried about this. And it wouldn't be anonymous either as we know major companies like Sony and HBO have both fallen victim to hackers

• shoulld alcholics not be allowed to use any dating sites. they affect more people eberyyearthan all the HIV people have. You just need to actively listen to your partner when they say. I need to tell you something. there are many more diseases that you should be concerned with aside from HIV

• I never heard of anyone catching alcoholism from a one-nighter.

• neither have i. what i do know for a fact is alchole kills more people per night than HIV

• Sounds pretty bloody ridiculous cause you know people don't just meet on dating apps. There is a real world too where people meet and mingle. Though sadly it seems a very scary place for most these days.

But, I see your point. I guess you never know who has it and just have to hope if they do they are honest about it.

• i think it should be obligatory to have like a forced tatoo somewhere around their genitalia so people know... honesty is all well and good but we canĀ“t just trust people to be honest.

• Might be labelling and segregating too much...
    As if you'd ask some to walk around with a sign displaying they have something contagious

I see it should sure, but we all know people are very sensitive about stuff... this would make me pull a fit

• I don't want full blown aids, there should be a law stating if you have HIV you have to disclose it to anyone you start dating with on the first day before sex. I think, but I'm not sure, that California has this law.

• Until we can cure stds with just a simple shot, gtf away from me.

• And now the delicate flower Astoriana has blocked me. Boo hoo.

• Hell ya! Dafuq? Also, transgender people should not be allowed to sign up as females. I want vagina, not penis!!!

• And iv they've had a sex change?

• It's still not a vagina, it's just inverted skin with the head of the penis as the clitoris. And regardless of how much estrogen they take they'll still have masculine features.

• Yes..

• I didn't even know that was a thing, but as Long as their honest I see no problem

• Well it can be difficult especially for the ones inflicted with the disease. I am glad there are apps available for them.

• How could someone even say it's discrimination wtf?

• if theyre honest about it, its fine

• That's a thing?

• Yes this isn't "discrimination"

• I agree... but main dating apps don't have filters currently for HIV inflicted.

• Are we your market research for an app you're working on?

• Looking at some of these messages, I am appalled by how people see STDs. Someone said:

"Dating anyone with a std is playing russian roulette with your life. Not worth it at all."

Not ALL STDs will kill you, and a majority of them can be easily cured. I guess I am sort of mad at these answers, because I used to have Genital Herpes.

Watch... you guys are going to say, "that can't be cured" or "you still have it". I actually don't anymore. I cured it. I ate a clean diet for about a year... only eating fruits and vegetables, exercised every day, parasite cleaners, ozone therapy sessions, etc... I stopped having symptoms.

Then I went to the doctor and I tested negative. Went to the doctor again a month later and tested negative. Went to the doctor again and tested negative. I tested negative each and every time I went to the doctor after that.

I have a girlfriend now, and we have been having unprotected sex for months and she doesn't have herpes either.

People with STDs are not a plague. They are not zombies (kind of like the infected from World War Z). They are humans. When people get an STD, any STD, they are treated like less than a human, and that needs to STOP!

I do feel like people with incurable STDs such as HIV should have a dating app available to them to meet like minded people. However, I don't think they should be limited to just that. They deserve to go out there and live life... and if they meet someone, someone who isn't infected with HIV, they should disclose and see where it goes from there.

• HIV people should be isolated in quarantine camps.

• So you're saying create a business dating app out of HIV people... Lol