What random body part is very important for you when dating?

For me it would be hands. I just really think that hands with long, slender fingers and neat fingernails are incredibly beautiful. It's not even a sexual thing but it's a very important point for me when dating. Ugly hands are kind of a dealbreaker. I just couldn't bear someone with ugly hands and unkempt fingernails touching me. A friend of mine has a thing for calves - again not sexual. What's your weird non-sexual fixation?

1141

Most Helpful Guy

• Achilles heel - eventually when they try to escape I will need to cut them, so prominent ones make it easier.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thought I was the only hand girl lol I'm the same way

What Guys Said 40

• For me, feet. I haven't seen too many women with feet that were bad or gross. Actually, I can't really remember. It's something I fixate myself on for some reason. Aside from that I would say, to a lesser degree, hips. Just how they're shaped and the ratio of them to the shoulders. It's something I notice. Imagine the reverse of an inverted triangle. Which is a triangle shaped body, compared to men's inverted triangle which predisposes wider shoulder to hip ratio

• When a girl sits with her legs crossed and her legs are bare, from the side you can see a line at the side of her crossed leg. Somehow I find that beautiful. I find a nice line back line really beautiful too It looks elegant.

• Gotta agree with hands. I don't want a chick with man-hands touching me.

• Oh, and thighs. I'm not sure I'd consider it sexual or not, but for whatever reason I love some thick muscular thighs. Like if you look at her from the side and her thighs are thicker than her waist, I go gaga.

• Hands for me too. I like girls to have really long, skinny fingers with French manicures and lots of jewelry. Not sure why...

• Eyes, cause you gotta spend a lot time gazing into them while talking.

• I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. For me it's hands and feet. I too like long slender fingers and toes and with long well kept nails. If I see a girl with gross feet or fingernails, it's an immediate deal breaker for me. I've always felt super shallow about it, so your post made me feel better. My fingernails are just what you described. It's not really a sexual thing for me either as guys with fucked upped nails gross me out as well.

• This idea that people are shallow for wanting someone that is at least somewhat physically attractive is so damn annoying. It's normal to prefer certain physical traits, especially if they point to that person being generally tidy in all aspects of their life. I think nails and teeth are a great indicator for that.
      But even so you don't need to feel bad for ruling some people out just because you're not physically attracted to them. It's normal, not shallow.

• WOW! Thanks! I feel SO much better now! And I am actually glad to hear your hand comment. I've had girls tell me my fingernails are gross because their too long, and they were showing me how they should look all jacked up like theirs. Mine are just naturally long. But I've always been embarrassed of them after that point.
      EXACTLY. I don't think it's shallow to have some sort of aesthetical standards, especially if you're gonna be married to that person for the rest of your life.

• I don't really have any weird ones. Face, overall physique (sexual or not)... sure having nice hands, neck, etc is good but there is no body part other than the obvious ones where I say that they are very important to me

• Eyes & smile

• I always thought non-sexual fixation it was more of a woman thing.

But if have to choose one I like the clavicle space:

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../Untitled-4.jpg

And eye colors.

• Pretty captivating eyes

• Eyes. I don't know what it is, but I need to be able to look into the girls eyes and think she's beautiful.

• Booty

• Thick legs /Thighs

• I am sapiosexual

• Face

• Men generally don't have non sexual aesthetic fixations in a women.

• I dont really care in a non sexual way. How about messed up teeth?

• Her head, I mean imagine her without one :D

• Her eyes.

• A girl who can sing. Your harmonies better be on point bihh.

• Her face... is she holding on to everything I say genuinely interested or is she always lookiing at something else or never at me

• Hands for me too, and I would struggle with bitten fingernails.

• I like small necks, and i don't mean short necks. I just like how young and delicate it looks

• Then you would love my hands. They are almost as big as a A4 page

• Hair, always loved long beautiful locks

• MY brain

• In my opinion only physical appearance is not a factor for dating.

• Eyes are important to me.

• The neck, it needs to be slim and smooth.

• Big eyes

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 10

• For me it's the broadened and firmness of the shoulders. They should be strong and just a bit wider than mine so when we cuddle I fit nicely while his arms wrap around me. It just gives me a sense of safety and comfort.

• I'm the same as you. I LOVE hands! And wrists!

It's not about the size or anything like that I just feel that you can tell a lot about a person from looking at their hands. You can tell what kind of worker they are, do they have callouses? Do they bite their nails? Are they nervous? Do they fidget.. How well kept they are gives me an idea of how well they look after themselves.. I feel like hands are the real window to the soul because they reveal so much!

... And for some weird reason I just think that wrists are like the sexiest thing ever. Looking at a man moving his hand and seeing that bone on the outer side of the wrist.. it's weird I know but I just love them! X_X

• I think mostly face structure, jawline, cheekbones, etc
    There's just a certain kind of face I always end up going for

• teeth.

• Hands, very randomly I think, most commonly when he has muscles 🤤

• chest

• Eyes!!!

• broad shoulders are a huge plus for me

• It's not necessarily important but I love a guy that has nice hands.

• Hands too! It's a bit sexual, but not too much. I like them wide and rough, and I don't like slender fingers too much though. If a guy has very feminine looking hands I won't be too enthusiastic about it. These hands are perfect! img13.deviantart.net/.../...y_fairiegoodmother.jpg

• Oh nope. That's exactly the kind of hand I find unattractive

• Me too. Those are gross. Apparently guys with shorter worn nails are the ones who work a lot. WOW REALLY? I didn't know that. I have hands like the ones Nahliabilty likes and consider and I'm really smart. Some people have told me that it's a sign I don't do physical labor and it might be a huge turn off for a girl. I'm surprised but glad to see there are girls out there who aren't into manly man. That's something I've struggled with my whole life.

• @DesiBeautyLover I don't think you need to worry too much about it, I think a lot of girls like feminine attributes on a man. I haven't really heard about many others that put that much importance on hands, do a lot of girls comment on it?