How important are these three words "I love you" in the relationship?

817

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not so much saying it as it is how you show it when you say it! Do you get cuddly and close and whisper it in your beloved's ear, or do you just say it from a distance without any emotion in your words?

Saying I love you is very important in a relationship BUT, you need to mean it by expressing it as you say it!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want just words. I want to see love in that persons actions.

What Guys Said 16

• I make sure to say that to my wife every day that I talk to her and it's the last thing I say when I talk to her or email her.

• Very Very important

• I got broken up with a few times after saying "I love you", because, apparently, she's not ready for words like that in the 3rd month of our relationship. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Not remotely important. I think people put too much meaning on the phrase

• Not very as long as she shows it and I feel it.

• Not important

• It's the most important thing in the relationship !

• A lot

• Real important. But guys often don't say it. They show it by doing stuff like mowing the yard or fixing a garage door or...

• A lot

• It's important

• It's a powerful word, the sad part is it isn't very important and sometimes people take it for more than it's worth.

• Well it depends; this one gay kid I know said it to me on graduation day and I wanted to uppercut him into the sun. If you're gay it's not good, if you aren't it's okay

• Personally I love hearing it but I'd rather see it in actions then in words

• Important enough not to diminish their meaning with careless use

• They are so important because the guy is not getting any without having said them.

What Girls Said 7

• No important

• Very. Ideally it's something you should say everyday but only if you truly want to.

• Soooooo important for me.

• Very important for me, don't say it if you don't mean it

• very

• Actions are more important and impact me more deeply, if it's not said I can usually tell from their actions.
    For example when he kisses my forehead when we are cuddling, things like that, I can just tell 😊

• Very important. I don't continue a relationship after 3 months if it's not said.