My boyfriend won't post pics of us on social media. Should I worry?

So my boyfriend is Indian and we have been dating for almost a year. Things went pretty well and he introduced me to all his friends and his sister. But he never posts anything about us on social media. I talked with him and he said he doesn't want his family or relatives to know at an early stage. His family and culture are conservative and most of his friends has this arranged marriage stuff, which makes me really worry. If that scares him that much, then will it become a stakeholder for our relationship? Is it worth it? I start to think about breaking up before things go too far already but it just makes me really sad :( Help!

1034

Most Helpful Girl

• No. no. no. I also dated a foreign guy who would try and hide me and make excuses like that as to why. I also had met all his friends and family. I even went to his country. I later found out he had told his family that I was just a "friend." He told his friends other bad things. And this was us living together 5 years.

If you are an outsider his family will never accept you as a wife much less a girlfriend. There is no exception to this. You can google countless stories of women who were used for years only for their foreign/traditional man to go and marry someone who their family is more approving of or even worse the ones that were married and who were divorced so that they could marry someone from their country.

The traditional families tend to view most western women as unsuitable marriage material. It doesn't matter how untrue this is or how good of a woman you are. His excuse of not wanting them to know at an early stage is BS. It's been a year. Not weeks or months. I won't write all the details about what happened with me because I don't want to keep going on, but I can tell you from his behavior you WILL wind up hurt and heartbroken

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE