Guys how long does it normally take for you to realise you love a girl?

I'm not talking about confessing it here, but just feeling it?

328

Most Helpful Guy

• It takes about 5 seconds for lust, about 1-3 days for crush, and couple weeks for strong, actual love

• By the way scientists say that if you crush at someone for more than 4 months, then it turns into real love

• I can believe that!

Most Helpful Girl

• It usually takes me a long time to realize it.

• Yeah I know what you mean. I've only ever felt like that with a guy that I'm not sure about in the beginning but then it kinda goes from friends to more. But I've definitely experienced meeting a guy after one date and just being completely drawn in to him!

• The exact same thing happens to me as well.

What Guys Said 27

• It varies but currently two weeks after she confessed to me. There was some drama which is why it took so long.

• Drama?

• It was not but after I decided to give it a try I fell in love.

• I'm glad all ended well. Restoring the faith! :)

• Varies. Sometimes, after a while of getting to know the person.
    Other times, it'll be one of those "Wow... she looks amazing..." and you just get caught up in that sort of emotion.

• Took me the better part of a year to admit it and say that I loved my wife.. this is partly because 99% of my interactions prior to her, were all horrible, and my trust was gone for all women..

• That's understandable. I'm sure a few people can relate to that.

• I'm the type that usually starts developing feelings after 1 meet if I get a good impression of the person and if I really enjoyed the time we spent. My first experience to love a girl was some years ago and I remember it hit me out of nowhere but I had known her for some years back then. I don't think there's a normal time to happen. It just happens.

• Yeah that's true. I've had a really good feeling from the first meeting before and starting falling for them over a period of a week of meeting and getting to know them better. Just out of curiosity do you think you can start to fall for someone through lots of talking and messaging after meeting or does it need to be in person for you?

• Yes. It's a different experience but I think I'd (at least I would) get really passionate about one girl if we were having amazing conversations.

• Ah I see. Good to know.

• It takes me the second I look at her. Most girls don't have what makes me feel what im saying, those girls made me think I loved them after Year's of knowing them. I see a girl and if we both look at each other the same way I know I love her.

• I fell in love with my wife the first time I heard her voice. I didn't even meet he yet. Just heard her voice. Total love.

• That's so sweet!

• Also a lot of people fall in love with singers. The same way

• Love that. One to tell the kids lol.

• Usually when I realize that she's on my mind all the time, I start thinking that something must have gone terribly wrong... or terribly right.

• Lol I hear you. So how long does it normally take for you to experience that feeling?

• Texting is just a way to bridge the gap, but it doesn't solve everything, and it'll never be as good as in person. Yet if the attraction and interest are mutual and real, it can be enough for the magic to happen.

• Yeah I suppose that's true. I mean I know it was completely different values back in the war times throughout history but people used to write to each other that way then too so there may be something in it for the lucky ones.

• real love has happen in no less than a couple of months.

• True. Would you say it takes longer though if you talk every day through messaging if you don't get to see each other as often?

• I would say it's pretty much impossible if it's one of those internet long distance (see once a year) relationships.
      If you see each other weekly then it's fine though.

• Agreed.

• If she talks to me just like i do and she's still listening to me babbling about why i think the universe is not infinite and why I'm scared of dogs at around 4.30am.. then ya.. pretty much she's the one.. 4 and a half hours..

• Well, sometimes it's very quickly, sometimes it takes up to a year-

• For me pretty quick as in like the first few hours of meeting/ getting to know her.

• What is it about them in those first few hours that make you so sure?

• Yeah it is hard to pinpoint. For me it's the vibe I get from the person, like first am I physically attracted or not, then it's how well we relate and if we have similar values etc.

• Yea I suppose it would be similar for me as well

• Months but the last one broke it for me I'm numb

• Almost at first sight. Just like umm ok she is fit, beautiful, smart that's good enough for me.

• Sounds good

• Yeah I am fast :Dpp

• Actualy I don't believe in love. Its simple logic. Girls waiting for rich , guys look for looks. and love is a condition of wanting something very much and very intense. Therefore it can disappear in time.

• It could years!

• Week

• After the first date I can tell. But I wouldn't tell her that.

• Ditto

• Haha yeah I posted this on the wrong post, but you're right there :)

• I think it can work just as well between the 6-12 month mark too if it's genuine.

• As soon as we have complete trust in each other. In every way action talk etc. I don't know...

• That makes sense. Rarely I must admit I've felt it a little before that though.

• Yeah that's a nice way of explaining it. Like a shelter in another person that feels like home.

• You got it

• There's really no set time limit on that kind of stuff.

• i need some time. 😅

• Haha fair enough, a logical approach probably saves your sanity! 😄

• You're still young though so have plenty of time yet. We all makes mistakes and learn from them so don't worry. Just keep developing yourself into the person you want to be and it'll all fall into place.

• i know i am.

at least it wasn't my fault why things went bad. 🤷‍♂️😂

• Always go with the poop test

• What? Lol

• 😂🙈

• You laugh, but it's true 😳💩

• There is no time that applies to everyone. I've felt that way at sight and also over time

• When I believed in love, probably 2 - 3 months. Now I don't even entertain the thought.

• Oh really?

• That's interesting, thanks for sharing.

• No problem

• Well love is a powerful word and and emotion I have never been in love I'm wondering if love actually exists

• It definitely does. Perhaps you just need to meet the right person.

• It's only happened once, and she tragically slipped through my fingers because I realized to late.

• What happened?

• Man, that's awful... Good luck and I hope you get to love another girl soon. Almost the same thing happened to me with a guy I still love... But I am inexperienced and I was too slow to act on my feelings. He ended up ghosting me and now he's trying to get back in touch with me

• Thanks and I'll be fine, I've got pretty thick skin. Plus, I'm a tough stallion to tame anyways.

• I start developing real feelings after the first kiss

• Aww that's sweet.

• Everyone is insecure and nobody wants to be hurt or wants to hurt someone else. For something so simple it's awefully complicated.

• Very true that.

• I've never been in love...

• You have plenty of time yet.

• Yes you have. Every mans first love is his Mother and she is the first women to love you.

• Hmm... in my case that may be a different type of love?

• when theyve upped n gone

What Girls Said 2

• Took my boyfriend a week haha

• It took my ex 6 months. It took me two months but by the time he came around, I didn't love him anymore

• Do you think that was more infatuation then or?

• Im not sure. I know that I told him I loved him but at the time, he wouldn't say it back. He said he needed more time. And I stopped loving him for the reasons that led to me breaking up with him

• Fair enough, you obviously went with what felt right for you!