Guys, what do you think about long distance relationships?

Guys what will think about long distance relationship??

724

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this. Lasted about 2 years, then I moved to that country and now I live with him :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I completely loved this girl with my whole heart and hope to die and she loved me as long as I was close apparently cause as soon as I left well it wasn't something she could handle and dumped me pretty hard. HOWEVER I'm telling you this after I had that happen to me long distance relationships can work! Seeing each other everyday don't bring people closer (trust me my friend who sees his girlfriend everyday does not love her all that much) as long as you guy communicate and love each other forever there's hope and love and the happiest chance when you get to be by there side again. I tell you I believe they can work but you both have to be really special to each other

What Girls Said 6

• Hate it

• Depends really

• Currently in one, and I just got a new job as did he, so when we have the money I am buying him a plane ticket for him to come down here for a few days (probably before halloween)

• If it started as a non long distance, then moved long distance with a end in sight it can work. But if it starts off as a long distance.. it won't work out

• Sucks

• I think long distnace relationships are good for many reasons. First when u are away you have time to see how u actually feel about this person. Becuase u can't physically contact them which leads to true feelings about this person. Is it true love or are you in love with their body? Second its good to be in a long distance relationship becuase you build a very strong relationship with this person. Nowdays sex drives most relationships but if u manage to stay intimate and loving and loyal to this sepecial someone even when u are far away, then its a big deal.
    Also in my opinions when you are far away you tend to long for that significant other, making you value their presence with you.

What Guys Said 23

• Think they can be great, very hard and lots of dedication and work. Look at all the military familes and look up Doug C Martin on youtube. He went to Mexico found a girl and are now together for 2 years. He didn't speak spansih either!

• Usually, they don't work out. One party will be tempted to cheat and eventually they'll break up so that they can sleep with someone else "guilt free". Happened to me, seen it happen to friends.

• Eh id say thats a byproduct of age. During your college years, especially if you aren't on the back end of it (graduating soon), it would probably be hard to commit and be in an LDR because of the sea of people around you.

It also depends on the people though. I've never been one to sleep around much and if the girl i was dating fell into the same pool of only having a few prior boyfriends then the odds of either of us straying seems minimal.

• I've done long distance dating plenty in the past, but it can be hard to maintain not having physical contact with those you care about. I personally have no intent of entering a long distance relationship again. They can work, and they can be wonderful, but they're also really hard - and if you just happen to find a really nice woman while in your relationship, it can be easy to be tempted to switch to someone you can actually touch and hold. You need will power and a lot of love and devotion to make it work, and if you don't meet her, you never know just how different they can be when you do meet - which is another reason why willpower can be tested.

• I think you're lucky if it turns out well for you. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, but that requires a hope to be fulfilled of eventually coming back together. That and communicating long distance allows you to edit yourselves and present an image that's far better than you are - and that means that you run the risk of falling for a version of the other person that's inevitably revealed to not even exist like you thought.

Long distance relationships can be done, but if it's going to be long-term then you have to make sure you're still seeing each other IRL all the time, and eventually moving closer together

• It depends, there are a lot of if's and's or but's here.

I think the main key components to a successful long distance relationship is the fact that you get along with the other person and communicate well. That you have a set time to meet in person, preferably within the first 6-8 months just to make sure everything is as good as it seems on the outside and that you're okay with the other person physically as well.. you never portray yourself 100% accurately online. Lastly you need an end date to close the distance.. you need that light at the end of the tunnel to look forward too, that should happen within ~18 months ideally, but everyone's situation is different.

Other thoughts: There are a lot of variables to success. If you were a couple before hand (not being able to be physical for long stretches of time might be difficult). What kind of person are you, LDR isn't for everyone. If you don't meet physically at some point, you may not feel fully committed since you don't know exactly what you have to look forward too.. you don't feel 100% invested in the other person. Always feels like one of you could walk away at any time just cause you wake up and are tired of the distance and lack of attachment.

All in all I think LDR are a perfectly fine way of dating and meeting people. You need to have realistic expectations though about how things are going to go. It is hard to commit to someone you physically have never met, but it can be worth it. I think most people would tell you they don't take online stuff too seriously, but if the chemistry is there, they are willing to take the dive if there ends up being some sort of plan to meet and eventually get together permanently.

• I fully support long distance relationships so as long as there is a plan or "light at the end of the tunnel." Perpetually long distance relationships are unfeasible. And if it's gonna be a long time before seeing one another, it's a good idea to visit each other from time to time in between until you can finally close the gap for good.

• I think it can work, but very much depends on the people involved. Regardless, it's hard to do and keep.

• They are so difficult and takes strong trust.

• It is a recipe for disaster all my friends that have had long distance relationships have ended up with them breaking up with their partners

• It doesn't always work out no matter how hard believe tries... it's time consuming and. people don't always have time for that

• I don't think nothing about them.

• i think they are the best way to end a relationship. in many of the cases one would end up losing interest and looking elsewhere. big part of tge relationship is being together, i dont believe u can still have a relationship without that.

• Suffering

• Sucks. I've been in one and do my best avoid having to go trough it again.

• I am not for it. My sister is in one but i would never be able to take it. I am sexual person in general.

• Long distance relationship sometime bad and good but it is depend on both person that what they think about relationship and future plan of both

• cool

• It never works ,

• They never work out

• If u can make it work, then go for it

• If you can travel to here soon it's a good idea, if no don't the realation will fail.

• fuck that

• I am actually growing to like the buffer between us. She has started talking about us moving in together in 2018.. I am open to it.. but kind of enjoy having my own space.