Guys, how do you feel about stay at home moms?

I'm a stay at home mom and it is stressful and it difficult to keep the house clean. I feel like the mom in this picture.Guys, how do you feel about stay at home moms?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a great idea. Think about it, your kids will be kids only for a short time so you might as well enjoy your kids while you can. Besides who would you rather raise your kids a you or stranger?

What Guys Said 74

• I have no issue at all with stay-at-home Moms. In fact, I think that is the best way to raise children, to have one of the parents stay home instead of sending the kids to daycare where they don't get to form really close attachments to their parent (s).

That said, it is really hard in today's economy to pull it off. If I made enough money to raise a kid or two with my salary, it would be fine, but unfortunately I don't. Most couples have to pool their resources just to afford rent/mortgage, go on vacations, go on dates, etc.

I personally would be willing to sacrifice a bit of my lifestyle to raise a family on my salary at alone and allow my partner to stay at home. Or we could try a situation where she is stay at home for the children's pre-teen years but pick up a job once there is some breathing room.

The main problem with this is that so many women are ambitious now. Nothing wrong with that, and in fact, I'd say that is probably for the best in this economy. It also makes women less dependent if the relationship goes sour, which seems too happen all too frequently.

• I'm not going to lie, I don't respect it. I work from home and during my marriage, I did all of the cooking, all of the cleaning, and all of the grocery shopping. It's just not that hard, especially if the situation is the one in that picture where the kids are old enough to use the bathroom on their own.

When i have my girls, I let the house completely go and don't clean up a thing, but the moment I drop them off at pre-school, everything gets cleaned. By the time I pick them up from pre-school, all of the laundry is folded, the dishwasher has been emptied, all surfaces have been wiped down, and all dinner prepwork has been done. I could sit here and pretend to you that that work is just as hard as my normal day job, but it would be an outright lie.

• I have tremendous respect for stay at home moms, because it is a very difficult decision to make for women in current time since the third wave feminism trivialize and vilify stay at home moms.

And it is stressful and difficult to keep the house clean when ask the other tasks ate taken into consideration 😊

• i don't see any problem with it. if i made enough money or my wife made enough money that we could live a the life we want with one person not working i'd encourage us to do so or at least drastically reduce the hours we work

having a parent at home with children is great for nurturing, save money on childcare, etc

• I think stay at home Moms are hard working women that deserve just as much fun and enjoyment as any other woman.

• Some people have a difficult time staying home, taking care of the house and kids, and other people find it to be very easy.
    Same goes with teachers. Some can manage a group of kids very well, and others will be overwhelmed with those same kids.
    It depends on that particular adult's personality and abilities for how difficult or easy it is for them.
    I personally would have an easy time raising up to 5 kids at home if I were in that situation. I think it would be more fun than work based on my experiences. When they are toddlers it wouldn't be fun, but once they get a little older it would be.

• My mother is one. I have great respect for her.

• That's why I have the the most respect for them, and when you hear people like, (political opinions aside) Hillary Clinton saying she could have stayed home and bake cookies like being a stay at home mum is easy.

My SO's dream is to be a stay at home mum and I have crazy respect for her because of it.

• It is a very hard job and easily give a man "NIGHTMARE", specifically that dipper changing process is brutal.

• I think I am fine with stay at home moms for the choice they have made or they have being able to choose to stay at home - In the dating sense, I place no limits on the people I date by their career/lifestyle choice and look at their individual issues rather than class them as a group

• It's a bloody full time job and should be both treated with respect and be getting a proper social security

• She's doing what she was biologically designed to do. Not that it shouldn't be respected do you really expect any more than that?

• The neoliberal propaganda has been working hard to make us view everything with short term cost - return perspective. Increase the perspective to longer term, and include a wider web of interdependencies. Unless you're an alt-right sicko, in which case I'll refrain from using foul language and just say goodnight.

• You probably work harder than i do. Must be tough.

• I respect them! I think that it demonstrates a level of maturity on her part that another more career oriented woman may not have. I think these women who try to have a career and a family are biting off more than they can chew. I know a lot of really angry and resentful women who bought into that dream!

• I think there's barely anything more attractive than a woman who's serious about having a family.

• I think the dad should help out once he gets home. The mom has been working full-time all day, why wouldn't you help her out when you got there?

• If your the mom in that picture, your children lack discipline and run you. Take back control, you're the mom

• Some children are more challenging than others. I work in a daycare and I have one child in my class who is a HUGE troublemaker and I'm almost certain that his parents aren't the ones at fault (like other kids in my class). He just has insanely high energy and is very intelligent, so he gets bored easily and gets into trouble. It takes a bunch of interactive one-on-one playtime to keep him out of trouble, which is not always possible in my class of 15 kids.

But yeah. If the mom has one or more kids like that, she would never be able to get ANYTHING around the house done without the kids getting into mischief.

• Go to work.

Get your husband to share the workload.

Throw away stuff that you don't use for over 6 months because nobody would be home for at least 35% of the time.

• My husband is the hoarder in our house to the point where I'll write the date on something that we don't use and put it in the garage. If it hasn't been touched in six months it gets chucked out.

• I do all of that.

• not really dude.
      we are a united front.

• Being a stay at home parent is the toughest job ever.

• One of the best jobs a woman can do! I applaud them!

• Well it's a choice isn't it? So I don't really have an opinion one way or another

• You are pretty strong. Nothing is stronger than a stay at home mom who can manage everything with a smile on her face.

• I don't want kids so I have no use for a stay at home wife. For those who do want kids I respect stay at home mom though.

• I don't treat them any different than a stay at home dad... workshy bx*$tar*s lol I kid I kid. No there's nothing better for the child than a committed parent of eitber gender provided its somthing that is a socially and financially viable commitment.

• I respect anyone who is stay at home, as a dad or a mom.

• hardest job.

• They're a necessary part of society. But I'm with you, I feel bad for them

• The stay at home moms are important, too. They're the ones who hold down the fort and maintain the family while the guy is off working. The stay at home moms are there to provide guidance for the kids as they will be the next generation for all of us.

• Get a damn job.

• Spend 4 hours doing what she does and then come back and tell me it's not a job.

• Ugh. The guys on this site.

• Ugh. The chicks on this app.

• I greatly respect such a character. And understand what it takes to do that task... hats off..

• I'm between contracts and looking after the house right now WITHOUT kids in the mix as a guy I resemble the attached picture...

• More from Guys
    44

What Girls Said 16

• I don't feel anything of the sorts, I would do it at one point, but not forever I feel. Its a hard job I bet, shouldn't be looked down upon, and if the household can survive off of the sole provider then why not! Its only responsible if they can't I feel..

• I'm not a guy. But I usually think, "how in the heck do you do it?" 😂😂 Kudos to stay-at-home moms. 👍👍

• Dont you raise childs by yourself and clean room hwo does it

• My mother was a stay at home mom and I have the greatest respect for her! She raised myself, my mentally/physically handicapped sister, and cared for my 2 ailing grandmothers all at the same time. She is my hero <3

• Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    A happy medium.
    I work two days a week which suits us fine but if I decide to go full time we'll get a house cleaner so our down time can be enjoyed more.
    I was so bored with being a stay at home mother because I am an introvert and don't make friends very easily.
    I also grew tired of being invited to party plan parties (Tupperware) that kind of shit.

• What about him , didn't hear anything about your spouse?

• I only work two days a week so I get all of the housework done during the week, the only thing he has to do is cook dinner twice a week and bathe the kids.
      It's all about balance.
      I'm a much happier person and am glad that I can contribute to our families income.
      We are both happy.

• I wouldn't have kids. I don't want to raise them. Maybe in the far long future. But for now I would just be teaching myself to cook and chase my own dream. If my husband made enough for me and him.

• I am a partial-stay-at home mom, I only work 3 days a week and have the rest for my kiddo and I wouldn't have it any other day. I do work long hours so the days I do work is hard but oh well having 4 days of with my kiddo is worth it

• I can relate. I work two days, and the other five I spend at home with my daughter.

• Yes :) I used to work 2 days a week I loved it. But then I went to 3 days more money

• I'm salary, so I do a lot of my work from home. :) But I definitely understand the need

• I can't wait to have both kids in school.

• y can't wait? u dont love ur children?

• @furqan112 women need women time, I can't talk to you. Your mind is in the gutter.

• ok it means u love ur husband and u r not like those women who cheats with thier husbands... its so good for u !
      but one think i dont like of u is "why u called my mind gutter?"🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😅😅😅😅😭😭😢😢

• Don't complain. You wanted kids so you knew what was going to happen. #childfree

• They are home moms.

• Once you're older, and the kids are out of the house so they have no use for you as a nanny, they will trade you for a younger model. If they don't, they whine about the "old ball and chain."
    Don't say you weren't warned.

• Oh , enlighten me...

• @Djaaay I agree with you. I'm a stay at home mom. It's hard work. I don't agree with raspberry0416 one bit. Her comment was so closed minded. I'm guessing she's got some kind of hate for sahms. Thank you for your support.

• @pinkzoesbb. No problem. It's hard work alright. I actually give my wife a salary she can be proud. I also bought her a business that she runs from her own office at home

• I don't get why it's still a thing

• People who haven't done it sometimes have difficulty grasping what all it entails. When you work a 9 5 that's what you work. A stay at home woman is a 24/7 job. There are also men who want a roommate and not a real wife to split bills bc they aren't stable enough to provide. The joke is on them bc the men that provide while having a woman holding down the house are the ones that come home and feel like a king.

• Ok now imagine having that 9-5 then coming home and assuming the duties you were taking a break from while the kids were at school. People keep comparing stay at home moms to women without kids. My mom had a job my entire life and she raised me pretty successfully. Why think of motherhood as a job? It's a part of your life. It doesn't NEED to take all of your time. If you feel you can be the best mom you can be by committing all of your time, that's fine. No one can say you're wrong for doing that. But all of this is super subjective.

• I don't understand what's so hard about it aside from the first few years. After the kids start going to school, you're doing what a woman with a job is doing but with extra freetime. I may be misinformed. It's probably different if you decide to home school, but do you ever think, "so this is all I'm doing with my life?"

• It is a waste of time with no money in return and dependence on a man. Good job for giving up in life and career and indepence. I have great respect for women who willingly accept to be slaves at home. Keep up the great work.

• 😮😮😮😮😮😮

• @fsu19 Also there are online business opportunities. My mom of 57 yo raised 4 kids, and she quit her job as a tailor back in 1980s because my dad was in military so it was hard for her to change jobs every couple years. Instead she stayed at home, took care of us, but she continued doing her work including customized design of dresses, knitting, different styles etc to make extra money. Now she has an etsy store and she makes baby clothes even at this age. I hate women when they say they stay at home, clean house, cook, take care of kids, when they can at least work remotely or build their own home business.

• Exactly

• Would never want to be one. Kids stress me out.

• I feel exactly like you! Going to work way less stressful. I try and try to keep my house clean. To the men that replied positive thank you. I don't think many people understand just how hard being home is. No free time. You give every second of your life to your children. We're on call 24/7 no sick days.

• I guess you do have a choice , homemaker or homewreker. Most are stuck in the middle.