GUYS: What do you think of woman who saves their virginity until marriage?

• I admire them
  • I don't see the point of it
  • Indifferent
    Vote C
  • I'm a girl, show me results
    Vote D

543

What Guys Said 43

• I think it's a wonderful thing and I hope those women can find someone.

• Interesting that the opinions are either for or against and no guy (so far) has put indifferent.

I guess that means it can be used to see what type of guy you are with.

• Personally, I don't think you can truly know your partner until you've reached such a level of intimacy as sex. What if you're sexually incompatible? Not only that, what really changes after marriage? Absolutely nothing! Marriage is just spending loads of money on an arbitrary ceremony that is full of traditions that were only put in place to make companies more money.

• Sex was pretty much only supposed to be within marriage. Lots of people follow that but lots of people don't.

• What? So what about before weddings when all your ancestors had sex without being marriage? Silly to say that sex wasn't "supposed" to be outside marriage when sex is natural and marriage is not

• @Logos yeah pretty much. That's what I was kinda trying to say. But sex before marriage mostly depends on your religion

• Alright. Yes, it's often linked to a religious conviction, as marriage itself is usually an important part of religion and religious practice.

• Got nothing much else to offer.

• They are awesome. im also waiting till marriage by the way. lol

• It doesn't make any difference to me, unless I happen to be the one she's saving herself for. If my partner was saving herself for me, of course I would appreciate it. However, I couldn't care less what any other girls do.

• If you are coming from a society where sex is a taboo, you keep it. Ancient time many societies considered sex as a taboo because to stop unwanted pregnancies. Now we are living in a modern world where several methods to stop getting pregnant. What is wrong about practicing safe sex. No God is watching you having sex and is just man made taboos. Same like nudity. We all born nude and why God is bothering.

• I feel sorry for her. The wedding night will be difficult and painful. Also, neither her nor her husband know anything about themselves or each other sexually. This will create issues in the relationship and if they aren't compatible sexually there will be serious intimacy problems.

• sex is good. it is healthy. it is a good work out and it helps you develop your understanding of your own body. there is literally no added value in abstaining

• i don´t care. they can wait till they´re old for all i care but i´m not gonna be the guy they´ll do that to.

• First i think she's a liar.

• It's like buying a car without taking it for a test drive.

• I admire them

• Annoying as hell if I'm perfectly honest. I really think couple should know how they are in bed before committing to long term marriage.

• I respect the decision but I dont personally see the point in waiting and have seen relationships fall apart from that sort of thing

• I think it would be awesome for two virgins let's say the guy sucks at sex well the girl won't know if he sucks because she never screwed any other guys. Win win for both sides.

• None of them has a way to compare; but it's not that important after all, if they both enjoy.
      They might be tempted to try with someone else though, after some years.

• Sexual compatibility is such an important piece of a relationship that would eventually end in marriage. I would find it a bit stupid.

• I agree, it's pretty risky for them. Sexuality is an important part of a couple relationship.
      The same way it is better to live together for some time before getting married, in order to check the "everyday" compatibility and avoid bad surprises.

• I respect people who save their virginity for the right person.
    I don't respect people who save their virginity for an arbitrary legal union.

• I admire their dignity in doing so

• I understand why she'd want it this way but it makes little sense to me because part of an intimate human relationship is having sex.

• i admire them... reason is pretty much already listed below

• I'm in the same boat and i hope to meet someone with similar values =)

• I would certainly respect it, but...
    A. I want to know we are sexually compatable before hand.
    B. I would hope you're not looking forward to a super long engagement.

• More power to you, I don't believe in marriage and probably wouldn't date someone who wants to get married eventually

• i admire them because it is their choice.

• I admire them

• That girl is an intelligent, responsible lady.

• Why intelligent? I think it has more to do with convictions and principles than with intelligence.

• I'm not especially happy nor unhappy, I was just trying to understand your opinion and express mine (and didn't realise you took it badly), as I thought you meant intelligent per se.
      That's why we're here after all. 😃

• I didn't take it badly. It's just hard to convey tone over text.

• I can only say one thing about it. #RESPECT

• I need to know if I am sexually compatible with the person before marrying them so...

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 5

• I admire and repsect people that wait till marriage to have sex.

• Naïve. How would you even know that they are the right person for you sexually, if you're saving yourself for marriage? And then what happens if you two find out that you're not sexually compatible?

• I don't see a point with it.

• Great

• They will claim to admire it, but call you are prude for not putting out. In the same breath they will call you a slut if you do have sex. Best thing is to not worry about what they thing