I used to be an escort. Should I tell the guy I'm dating about my past?

I stopped two years ago, moved away and started a new life

850

What Guys Said 50

• you probably need to tell him. it's a part of your past and a job you had. to not tell him is a flagrant lie by omission

• I think as long as your disease-free and what you did in the past is done and over with. So i wouldn't worry about telling guys who you date unless this is something you want get off of your chest. If that's the case than i say go for it.

• I think it pays to be honest

• He will appreciate your honesty, but women are finding it really hard to find husbands these days as men just aren't marrying anymore.
    www.foxnews.com/.../why-men-wont-marry.html

www.avoiceformen.com/.../

• well, honestly is the best policy normally. Some guys don't have a problem with that at all. If you happen to find one of those guys for sure. Myself I would not have a problem. But after reading the posts on GAG that is not a wide spread opinion. Tough one. I guess I would lean towards not disclosing it unless you had to. The past is the past. It doesn't brand you or make you a lesser person at this point. Perhaps you can talk to him to get his opinion before you do any disclosure.

• Yes you should before he gets attached to you.
    If it is something he won't accept, there is no point in hiding it from him and ending things later when it would be messy and hurtful. And if he does accept it, then you don't have to stress about it. It is always better to be up front about stuff like that.

• Most guys will dump you for it.

• you could ask him if he'll ever want to discuss sexual past. If he says no you're in the clear. If he says yes then you might want to mention it right away.

• At some point you should tell him. If he can't handle it, then it's better for both of you if he knows sooner rather than later. Would you want him to find out another way, by meeting someone who knew you then?

• I agree tough one but a good guy would appreciate your honesty more than any quibbles about a past profession I think.

• Your telling me, that her honesty about being escort, is going gain a guy is respect, my ass. Most good guys, are not going to date an escort, cause they she has being around the block. Escort is more or less a prositute, Please don't bullshit me or her, would date and an escort? even if she was honest with you? It might gain your respect, but you wouldn't date her. Some might not ever respect, and think she is a complete slut.
      Sorry honesty in her situation, is a bullshit answer, I can't see any guy want to date her, or marrying her being an escort. Maybe a criminal or a drug addict,

• You telling her to be honest about being escort to some guy, to some guy she really likes and wants to settle down, is going to do her justice. HELLO, look at the society live in, people are very judgmental, and most or not fogiving about your past. I am pissoff, people that people on here telling her to be honest about this, I think are actually screwing her over. This is not justice for her.

• He deserves to know. Maybe soften him up though, cook him a nice meal, favorite dessert. Then after desert tell him that there's something important about your past that you feel he should know, but before saying it tell him that you gave it up years ago and its not who you are anymore.

• I don't see anyone getting at the real issue. How many sexual partners might you talking about. When I was in my twenties I had a girlfriend admit to the same. When I ask her She said 14 clients. Many escorts limit their clients to the big money. I Chuckled at her and she was dumb struck. I had been with a few more sexual partners than that and as long as there were no std then I was ok with it. Just because a woman says she's an escort doesn't mean that she has been with hundreds of partners. I say tell him be honest you may just be happy with his response.

• It's just been 8 regulars xD So I guess it's not as bad

• Mate there is a big diffence between a slut and a whore. The main bad thing is that she had sex for money, doesn't matter if it was one guy, she was selling her body.

• Something this big in your life.. you only reveal that if you're real comfy with him, trust. Other than that I don't see why you should. It's your past and you're working on your future. If you're future with that guy goes well down the road then bring up past if you want. As long as you clean it really shouldn't matter immediately. At least to me it wouldn't.

• if ur i the same country u worked in then yea. the info may find its way by itself and ull be in trouble. if u closed the old chapter and changes location looks... the if he doesn't ask dont tell, thatll work for short term. if ur getting married u have to tell dont live a lie for the rest of ur life itll eat ur soul.

• ~"How many dicks are we talking about ( that have gone into you )." Be prepared to answer what I think will be his question.

• Yes it's important

• Is it something serious? If yes then tell him, if no then don`t

• It totally depends upon you, but make sure he doesn't find out from outside source like internet. I read about a guy who saw his wife's old images and advertisement on the internet. This may ruin you relationship

• Yes! I would need to know! So that I could dump her! And just call it a prostitute, someone was telling me escort aren't prostitutes.

• If you love him and if you trust him, then do. Otherwise no need to. If he is nice, he might accept it. And love you even more that you have the courage to tell him. And he would be inspired by how hard a life you had to live.

• Yes, it is the best policy. What if one of his friends were one of your clients? That would be embarrassing but if your man knew before hand, he will know what to do.

• At some point yes , because if he happens to find out from anywhere other than you then...

• Yeah. That's a pretty big thing.

• Yeah lol ofc

• I wouldn't. Unless she directly asks about it.

• Yes that's a big issue.

• It's really up to you, I personally wouldn't want to know unless there were sti's involved.

• For sex? Or just dates?

• I feel you get serious with him you need to be honest with him.

• If it's a serious relationship u wanna build u have to tell him , his reaction will the key to ur future together

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, if you have any plans of being official. You don't want him to see you as a lair. If your past bothers him, then remember that he has the right to leave. Your past may be your past, but not everybody can handle that. What matters is that you changed. A lot of people don't. Those are the ones I don't consider.

• Are you clean of any STD's? If so, honestly, it's your business. As long as you are not hurting them, I don't think it is necessary for them to know. Unless it is a partner you are seriously committing to.

You deserve a chance to start fresh. Just keep everyone safe.

• If the guy you are dating used to be an escort at one time, would you want him to be honest with you? There are some potentially life-altering implications; for instance, you can be a carrier of HIV and not know it yet. There are potentially jealous ex's who thought there was something more to the relationship. And there is the whole 'lying by omission' part. But ultimately, what you reveal to your partners is a personal choice.

• I'm not really sure. Part of me feels like your past is yours and all you owe him is a clean bill of health. I don't talk about numbers with my boyfriend because of that, I don't care about his number he doesn't care about mine. But there is a slight stigma to escorting that could cause real problems if he were to find out from someone other then you. I feel like I'm this case honesty is the best policy. If he's a jerk about it then at least you know now and aren't wasting your time.

• I wouldn't unless both of you are super serious and exclusive. The past is the past, as long as you're healthy I don't see a problem

• ohh.. you should write a mytake about your past..

• You probably should.

• Yes fess up, you should.. you owe it to him.