How do you know if you're in love with someone?

Not that I'm in love... I'm only 16. Just a general question. How do you know if you're in love with someone?

522

Most Helpful Guy

• In reading about breakups, which I am experiencing the aftermath of, I've begun to think at some physical level, love is the process of committing an extensive amount of happy experiences to memory, and imagined future shared plans. We have enduring love if we fight to maintain those memories even when circumstances indicate we should do otherwise. If we are honest, love is a mental construct. This is my opinion. I am still in love.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You just.. know. I don't know how to explain it. Literally nothing changes between before and after you realise it. You're there, just laughing at one of their jokes, or looking at them, our scrolling through your conversations.. and then it hits you. "Shit". That's what I thought. Nothing changed, it was exactly like before. But now I knew. And it made me incredibly happy. Irregardless of the nights I knew I would have spent wondering why he wasn't texting me or what he was doing or if he was thinking about me. I was happy.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE