On a first date, do you pick your date up from her place?

• Yes, I pick her up from her place
    47% (55)
  • No, I don't pick her up
    10% (12)
  • It depends (other)
    43% (52)
Girls can not vote on this poll
I'm a Guy

Most Helpful Guy

• If we met online, then no, most women sensibly want to meet in some public place. If we are already acquainted, then usually yes.

What Guys Said 20

• It really depends on distance and whether the date was organized through an online dating website or not.

If it long distance, like an hour drive, I try to find a nice place for a date somewhere about half way and meet up. That is usually the case for the first date. It is safe, especially for online dating. It gives her the ability to bail if she wants, but it is more so there to make her feel safe with that option available to her.

For second dates or third dates, and if the distance isn't too bad, then yeah, pick her up. That is probably for the best, especially after you have gotten to the 5th or 6th date where a nightcap could lead to a heavy make-out session or sex.

If she calls you up before the first date and requests a pickup, then, of course, you can be the gentleman and pick her up. OR, better yet, if you knew her for a while before the date, say as acquaintances, she may already be into enough to be fine with a pickup. That said, I think it is always more considerate and more conducive to just getting to know each other in a safe way to let her meet up with you instead.

• No, I would just meet them at the agreed upon location for the first date.

1) she doesn't know me. I don't want to put a girl into that position which feels vulnerable allowing a guy to pick her up at her place.

2) Some dates... don't go well and sometimes "getting outta here" feels best when the check and bill come and the parties can go their separate ways.

• This really depends nowadays. On a first date, I want the woman to be as comfortable as she can be. This means if the date isn't ideal, I'll call her a cab and pay her fare home. She shouldn't have to worry about me knowing where she lives. Now if I know her already from friends or we used to work together, I'd offer to pick her up at her place or we can meet at a spot she chooses.

• I would cause it's how I was raised. But dating is different now & women just seem to want to meet at places.

• Maybe not a good idea for her if she doesn't really know the guy, but I'm fairly certain that I'm not an axe murderer

• I'd offer to of course.

• It depends on what's more convenient.

• More times than not we meet at a location on the first date. I find it better to eliminate any awkwardness that might have occurred to continue in the vehicle

• Nowadays people normally meet somewhere till they get to know each other.

• No, she picks me up.

• Usually not. I think women feel safer that way. There are exceptions, but usually I suggest driving separately.

• Yes, but these days women like to meet then take you to their place, then on the 2nd date you are picking them up till it ends

• If we've talked a lot beforehand, maybe, but probably better to meet somewhere

• Always meet at location. First date is too soon for either of you to give out your home address.

• Yepp

• Yes. I would. If she was a teenager I would ask her parents and my parents for permission.

• Only if the lady is ok is invites you to come over, still Dr careful always.

• First of all when we comfortable to go our place then offcouse we go

• yes cute

• What's considered a date these days anyway, what with girls thinking men and women can be "just friends", and all