Would you date a police officer?

Would you date a police officer? Why / why not? My boyfriend wants to try to go into policing next year I dont mind but some of my friends telling me that he won't have much time for me anymore if he becomes a police officer Is that true?

• Yes
  • No

1725

Most Helpful Guy

• my dads a chief, I've got friends who are officers, I'm in school to be an officer, my friends are about half gonna be officers and all the relationships seem to be working so far

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course I'd date a police officer! Sure, maybe they don't have flexible hours and stuff, but I'm sure that we could work through the problem. They could give me a sense of security, which is really important to me. And athletics guys are amazing!!! Plus you don't need to be with the 24/7, space is good. Time away from each other is the best way to test a relationship. However for long term relationships and marriage, I would hope that they wouldn't have to follow dangerous cases where there is a big chance they would get shot/ hurt. I don't want to lose someone I love, and I hope they understand that I don't want anything to happen to them. There are many departments in the police station, and I hope that they would be willing to switch to a safer position. I think it would be best if they could find a partner that could accept them with this dangerous job if they don't want to change their job. I highly respect they choices in career, and that they have dreams. But I think life, and health will be of more importance. So my answer varies depending on the stage of the relationship. :)

What Guys Said 24

• What exactly do your friends know? I willingly to bet my left nut that they know nothing. If anything, I believe he'll need and want you MORE. If you love him, stay with him and support him as a caring, loving, and strong woman. He'll have time for you for sure, but he'll also be busy. That's life.

• Yes your friends do have a point since police officers usually work all kinds of hours which will strain the relationship and that’s just the beginning. You will obviously worry about his well being. If he make detective expect him to be at their beck and call. I am thinking of trying out myself but since I am not really looking at long term dating it’s not a issue. I would probably date a police woman if I liked her enough. You should have a in depth conversation about it and find out whether or not you both in the right place at the moment if he does decide. As long your willing to compromise on quality time and work out what You want and expect your relationship should only strengthen.

• Would never date a female police officer. They might not be bad people, but they definitely aren't the kind of woman I am attracted to.

• I would find that highly unlikely

• well whatever... you're going to leave your boyfriend cause of his career...
    wow,, some loyalty you got lol...

• While i respect them and love a woman in uniform, I'd much rather her be something other than a position that will get her killed or hated by the community. Too many police officers abuse the badge and uniform these days and it is sad. The police in the town i live in are horrible people so my judgement may be a little skewed.

• As long as she kept everything I do secret and never arrest me, sure. I love cop roleplay and having a fem cop ravish me.

• I don't see why not really. The obvious issue is the safety factor but there is also a not-so-obvious issue and that's that (from what I've heard) police officers as boyfriends can become a little too dominant/cocky over time

• Sure. I wouldn't like them in that line of work. But if that's what they want to do, then I can't stop them. I'd be a hypocrite if I was a cop and felt she should date be, while being a cop.

• Stoners and police don't mix well

• I don't know, never dated an officer but it does seem very demanding and sometimes they get shot at and/or get targeted. It would probably be a tough relationship to hold.

• I could just as well go straight to jail by myself if I wanted to.

• Being a police officer is extremely dangerous, and stressful. Some people can handle it.

• No way

• Maybe I don't know police hours, depends on what he does

• It is just like any other job. Doesn't change anything.

• Never!!! I hate cops

• A girl cop yeah

• Think that be cool ,

• If she is young, attractive and genuinely a nice person as well as being into biking.

• Don't do it.. Hire a stripper with a police uniform to get your kicks.. But you don't need a Narc in your house. There's no time for that negativity in your life.

• Your friends are retarded

• you're retarded kientttt

• Some cops are good, others are rogue

What Girls Said 16

• Yes.
    However, the More I would Like him Here, dear, the more I Would... Fear. Fear that he would One Day be Not coming back to Me, If you Know what I Mean. xx

• Yes, why would it matter for me more than love? And If he really loves you, he will always find time for you. There is not such thing as not having any free time, it is always your choice. For me profession matters but in other categories. I value people who know what and why they want to do, who have a specific purpose in life, vocation... If he feels that's what he wants to do, don't take his dreams away from him and support him.

• If he wasn't an awful dick, sure

• Not really, I'm not a big fan for dating those who wear a uniform. It's like dating Superman: there are too many dangers about it and he might die unexpectantly from something. It's too much of a risk

• I would date one. Police officer are nice and protect the country I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Sure

• My boyfriend used to be a police office... I find them very sexy.

• yeah. wouldn't matter to me.

• I would, but it is a lot like dating someone in the military. They don’t get holidays off, long hours, and depending on the town you live in it could be life or death situations. My father in law worked in the jail though and he’s seen some shit from it.

• No no no.

My dad was a cop. His job and life around it were hell.
    He got mean.

• They love killing their women here, dated one from Antigua, he tried to kill me.

• I totally would!

• I couldn't care less, if i really love him and he wants to become a cop there's no way i'll stop him

• NEVER

• Yeah.

• No but i like having sex with them