Who ghosts more, males or females?

Just curious to know if it's more common to one gender
  • Males
  • Females

2258

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the only guys that ghost or flake are the players. It would seem to me that more women tend to use the silent treatment to try and get men to get the hint and leave them alone. There are plenty of clingy men too and it only makes sense that women would use ghosting to stay clear. Usually talking to a clingy dude just makes his behavior worse.

Women also ghost when they are mad, they tend to be more passive-aggressive. Why? Because the tactic works very well on men. Men tend to let things eat away at their ego, so when a woman backs off, men notice her acting different and it bugs the shit of the more insecure among us. The ghosting in a way is like a test. I hate game playing, but this test works because insecure men will then give up power and start to chase. Now he is in a far weaker position and I think the relationship at that point is hard to recover.

Ghosting sucks though. It is a sign that there is poor communication, especially it happens in an established relationship.

If it happens early on, it is only because men tend to take rejection pretty damn hard once they feel things are going well. Women don't want to be the target of a man's wrath, especially if they simply aren't interested in anymore.

• Do you still call the guy ghosting a player if we were dating for 6 months?

• I don't know how common it is, it's only happened to me the once recently before then I didn't really know what it was. But it sounds fairly common after coming on here

• Perhaps I stand corrected.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’d guess females, because we’re less upfront when it comes to hurting feelings and tend to assume our “hints” should be enough