Would you undate your ex if you could?

• Yes, I would
  • No, I wouldn't

1222

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I love/d them and find it unfortunate that our relationship could not continue at this time, but life is taking us in different directions. I would not undate them because I remember the good times, and I learned a lot about myself throughout the course of our relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I learned a shit ton about what a shitty relationship is like and what to spend your time on and what to stop early on.

What Guys Said 21

• No, you are who you are today because of where you have been including the people you have been with. It is easy to look back and wish you could forget that turkey. But cherish the good times and value what you gained from that relationship. And find a place to park that pain in your memory files.

• Most definitely - She was not a bad person but getting together with her was the biggest mistake of my life and it took years to sort it out

• If you found yourself in the same situation again, would you be able to tell that?

• @es20490446e I agree with you but hindsight is 20/20 vision they say. If I had the foreknowledge no I wouldn't date her again. I think what you are asking is if I met her now feeling as I do now, it might be difficult because I was burnt by past relationship so I expect to be somewhat wary of all/any future relationships.

• I hope you better luck on next time :P

• Only one, possibly two.

You learn a lot from those kinds of situations, though.

• Most I wouldn't. But the girl that was my first ever serious girlfriend, fuck yes I would.

• No.
    there's mistakes and pain but lessons learned.

• I don't have an ex

• I would go back and *unmarry* one ex, but dating experiences, I chalk up to learning.

• Yes, it's masochism.

• I learned a lot and there are good memories that I wouldn't trade

• Yes.

• I have two I would undate.

• No, bc i needed to learn a lesson from them

• Yes.

• no, she made me a part of who i am

• no, they are a part of who i am today

• Bad experiences are parts of our learning.

• Nope. I don't think I would have noticed how special my wife was if I undated the people before her.

• You ask a lotta dumb questions

• No I don't..

• Always and forever more

• I said yes... She will haunt me for the rest of life, I loved her and she broke me...

I guess, It should be a no... because I did learn a lot, and if it wasn't her I would have been broken by another bad girl.

What Girls Said 11

• Nah... you live and learn. I see them as learning experiences for mistakes I won't make again.

• I would undate one ex if I could. After a two year relationship all I ended was with was insecurities that tainted future relationships after him

• Update? What do you mean? Like get a newer version of him?

• Nope..

• No, its a leading curve. Your experiences make you who you are

• Nope because a relationship is a unique experience and it I will watch not to make the same mistakes in my future relationships.

• I wouldn't no

• Wouldn't undate but would dump way faster.

• No, that lesson needed to be learned.

• Yes, I would undate him in a second.
    Every relationship I've learned something about myself and what I want in the future. Unfortunately in this relationship I leaned I could be broken, beat down and weak.
    He was a terrible person who relied on manipulation and abuse to keep me "in my place".
    Even years later I'm still dealing with what he did to me and, sadly, it is negatively impacting my ability to trust people and be in traditional relationships.

• I wouldn't un-date them but I would have done certain things differently.