Are you only attracted to people who fit your standards?

I'm realizing that I tend to develop crushes on guys that go against what I describe as "the right guy for me." I'll start liking someone and then my standards will change to fit that person's qualities. And their flaws won't change how I feel about them.

726

Most Helpful Guy

• You hit the nail on the head girl! I take them as they come. See how it goes. Adjust to them. They adjust to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess. i want to end up with a highly educated person. i end up mainly talking to people who haven't got a masters or a professional degree. bleh.

What Guys Said 25

• They must have a few of those qualities though, otherwise you wouldn't crush on them in the first place. It's about compromising, if they tick some/most of the boxes you're willing to overlook the others.

• Not really, most of the girls I've been into have been pretty different from what I would say my preferences are.

• I think that happens a lot of people - I find myself being attracted to people who I wouldn't really have thought as "My Type" but go through a similar process to you - Obviously the head and heart interpret data differently

• You'll love me. I meet NONE of your standards.

So describe the right guy for you and give us an example of how you were attracted to someone who didn't meet those standards.

• The flaws are what stand out most, that's what I pay attention to personality or how they live in a day to day basis. I don't really have a type, I'm open minded, and always commit. But if you don't share the same principles I do, or have your head up your ass, I usually don't want anything to do. Bottom line,? As long as I'm happy, I'm good.

• She has to tiick all the boxes before I am interested.

• I like girls who have a attractive personality.

• i dont have any standards, besides that, she must be full of flaws and imperfections

• why would i want to love someone who doesn't agree with me?
    i tell em to fuck off. i don't want to get into any debate. she will either help me or leave. i am not going to fall in-love like a blind creature

• Yes she has to be slim or skinny

• That's emotions taking over your mind

• I'm really open minded, so I don't have many standards.

• Umm... not really for me... Iā€™m pretty consistent.

• Yes. The standard is set to people who I am attracted to.

• Most of the time. There were a few that were a little different

• Yes, if your standards matches your thoughts matches.. so, that is more comfortable to any relationship... wheather it's friendship or any kind of relationships

• i'm your opposite lol i like only a certain type of girl and it never changes

• Sadly no

• No, there need not be any standards if they are eligible for my girlfriend criteria

• No not

• Sometimes I ignore the flaws but not drastically

• No i wanna fat girl

• Biologically everyone is only attracted to people who fit their standards and psychologically your loins do not care what you think are actual "standards".

• Nope. That would be hilariously shallow and close minded.

• Two dislikes for a harmless opinion concering my lack of standarts in under half an hour. New record.

What Girls Said 6

• Nope, and I wouldn't be surprised that it happens this way. Attraction isn't something you can always reason your way into, or out of.
    There are WAY too many factors that go into the picture for you to be able to perfectly plan for it. Attraction is about more than aesthetic preference, or holding similar values, or sharing similar interests... it's about all those things taken together, and MORE. Not to mention the biological factors--a large part of physical attraction occurs on a subconscious, biochemical level, which you can't really predict or control.

• Ok so like im willing to fall for someone who doesn't fit my standards, however, i have a bad habit of trying to change them so that they will fit the standards šŸ™ˆ

• it means only you don't even know what you really want

• Yes. I have pretty set standards and know what I'm looking for. If a guy doesn't have what I'm looking for then he is not the one for me.

• nah, I'm all over the place

• no im attracted to people i can on well with and seem nice and interesting, they don't need to be perfect, but seems so many people just aren't worth it so far.