Are you only attracted to people who fit your standards?

I'm realizing that I tend to develop crushes on guys that go against what I describe as "the right guy for me." I'll start liking someone and then my standards will change to fit that person's qualities. And their flaws won't change how I feel about them.

726

Most Helpful Guy

• They must have a few of those qualities though, otherwise you wouldn't crush on them in the first place. It's about compromising, if they tick some/most of the boxes you're willing to overlook the others.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, and I wouldn't be surprised that it happens this way. Attraction isn't something you can always reason your way into, or out of.
    There are WAY too many factors that go into the picture for you to be able to perfectly plan for it. Attraction is about more than aesthetic preference, or holding similar values, or sharing similar interests... it's about all those things taken together, and MORE. Not to mention the biological factors--a large part of physical attraction occurs on a subconscious, biochemical level, which you can't really predict or control.