Do you think men should always pay on a date? if so why?

dinner and a movie to something out of the norm. should he pay, does he get anything out from it?
what do you think...do you think men should always pay on a date? if so why??

1319

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to contribute in paying for things too. It's not like i left my wallet at home

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• No. On the first date, I always split or pay for myself. I dont like the awkwardness of should I order something cheap? Is that to much to get? No, if I wanna get a 20 dollar prime rib, id gladly pay myself. And also, I love to take a man out and treat him. What person doesn't like getting pampered here and there? I work hard so I have the money to do as I please, i dont expect to get things paid for me, otherwise, i wouldn't be working. If he wants to treat me and pay, ill put my wallet away and let him.

• No, it's a total outdated concept.

I hold the belief that whoever invited the other out should be willing to pay for both... but this is based on the idea that women ask men out as much as men ask... sadly the self imposed inequality still exists everywhere.

• Yeah. Women still expect men to do a lot of things that are skewed while expecting equality everywhere else. Which is fair in everywhere else but not in dating

• @noesbueno I hear this a lot but have yet to ever meet one of these elusive women who want equality and inequality at the same time...

• there are some. i knew a few

• I think people should pay their own bills and not expect their date to bear all the expense. In all my dates with my boyfriend, we always shared the bills unless one of us was giving the other a treat. It would be very unladylike for a girl to let their date pay for them without even offering to pay once. I, personally have always insisted for paying for my part. And if u r dating a smart guy, it would also make them like u n respect u more.

• nah, I always split everything or try to pay for theirs

• I have never been asked to pay and if l offer they get upset. So that a no for me

• I like it if we split or if he pays one time and i'll pay the other

• It's good for men to pay on a first date. After that going dutch is OK.

• I think first date its nice. apart from that go splits.

• no everybody should pay for themselves

• The guy should pay during dates, or the first few dates, especially the first date. I don't insist when a guy offers to pay, I always think it's because it also feeds his pride (when a man can pay for a date and it makes him feel good about himself), so I have to give him that. When you're together, you can split the expenses.

• "when a man can pay for a date and it makes him feel good about himself"
      Oh really? Are you sure this isn't just what *you* think?

• @AllThatSweetJazz No. Why do some men have trouble asking a girl out knowing they don't have enough money to pay for dates? Don't you feel good when you can see your girl happy about what you're giving her? Doesn't it somehow boost your confidence...

• I like being able to afford stuff in general. But specific to dates, I like making a girl happy and *she expects me to pay,* that’s why it makes her happy. It’s not just some random desire on my part to spend money on girl.

-it’s not my desire to spend money.
      -it’s your expectation for me to spend money.

• I wouldn't mind him paying the first time but next time I'll do it or we'll pay together

• I believe that everyone should pay for what they bought, but on a side note, it still makes us feel good when the guy is being considerate and pays for that coffee or ice cream (that's what I call a date 😂).
    I'm not telling you that you must pay for every date, but for the first few, it surely gives you brownie points.

What Guys Said 18

• No. It's an archaic rule that has no logical reason to still exist. In the western world young adult females are actually out-earning their male peers so why exactly are men or that ave expected to pay?

• He should pay if he can afford it.

• no i don´t think they should. i think men should expect the woman to at least try to split the bill. cause we´re not in the 50s anymore... i wonder when the "emancipation" they all asked for actually arrives in their brains.

• No. Split. We live in 2017 where almost everyone supposedly should have equal rights.

• I have mixed feelings. Traditionally the guy always pays, so I pretty much always pay unless a girl is insistent about paying for hers.
    But I have a lot of respect for girls that do offer to pay, or couples that have a system of one person paying one time, and the other paying the next. It's fair and equal

• No he shouldn't you want equal rights you pay equally. It's the 21st century. I pay if I ask you out on a date you asked me on a date you pay. If we are in a relationship then we split it I may pay 3/4 of it that time the time you might pay 3/4 of it. It's basically the same way with my buddy my buddy now we hang out sometimes it picks up the the whole bill I do the chip other times you know I do the same thing for him or I'll pay 80% of Bill and he picks up the rest in and tip

• No. We split.
    Each pays what they eat, each pays what they watch.
    If the other person is short of money, the other could volunteer to shoulder the expenses or the date will be cancelled.

• Here's what I'm thinking: the guy should always offer with the intent of paying (especially in the beginning) but the girl should always be ready to pay at least her own way, and make an effort to do so. Where the bill lands would depend on how insistent each is on paying.
    That being said there is credit in the he asks her out he pays she asks him out she pays idea

• No, whoever arranged the date will pay

• No..

• We shouldn't, it's horseshit

• In my culture yes we have to
    And always
    Cz its a gentle act to pay for the date

• Its common sense

• No, it should also we as be 50:50 if you both want there to be more dates. Start off as you want to go on!

• No. I think the bill should be split between the people. However if the guy's meal is more expensive then he should pay for gis entire meal.

• If he asked you out he should pay
    When you dating it's not important

• Split and share how about that :)

• I think men should pay simply because men tend to make more money. By the way what you're "buying" is the woman's time. That's something she can never get back, you know, but earning back $100 is easy enough.