Is it a turnoff if someone has multiple social media accounts?

Like an Instagram with 500+ followers as well as a Twitter and a Pinterest in addition to a Facebook?

• Yes
  • No

724

Most Helpful Guy

• For me it's even a turn off if she has facebook, but unfortunately almost everyone has a facebook account, so I have to get along with that. The only acceptable social media is Skype. The worst to me is Instagram, I avoid this thing the same way the devil avoids incense!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if they spend all of their time with their phone in their hand.

What Guys Said 23

• I know I'm old af, but that just seems like a huge time commitment. I'd rather read a book or play Xbox or jab sharp objects in my eyes.

• Lol so she's well liked and desirable.. The only type of guy that would be put off by that is a guy who's not so well liked and desirable.

• Or a guy who wants his lady to have a real life.

• @Robertsean350 So if an attractive girl has a lot of popular photos of her being social and doing interesting things, then you default to the thought of her not having a life? strong logic.

• Not if it's a single account. This post is about having lots of accounts. That takes work and time. Typically people like that are into online persona more than I am okay with. This issue isn't black and white, but many shades of Gray. My last girlfriend had 0 social media accounts.

• No why do you think that

• No, a lot of people have two, Some people have their 'real one' but they change their name spelling so employers can't find it, and then another one with their real name that employers will find that is clean as a whistle.

I have two because I have transgender friends and I post on liberal groups and say liberal things but my family is a bunch of trump supporters so I have one that is their 'safe space'.

• I never understood the purpose Twitter.
    Why get an Pinterest when you got a facebook?
    Why get an Instagram when you got a facebook?
    Why get all of them?
    Do you want an my space with that? Does that still exist?

• Not at all, but if it absorbs your life I'm going to call you out on it.

• No..

• Not a turn off, but annoying as fuck. Especially when they have two Facebook accounts. Like what's the point.

• If you have to spend more time maintaining your social media accounts than with your boyfriend then yes, it is a turnoff. Personally, I hate it when I go to a concert with someone and they spend the entire time tweeting, taking videos and chatting with someone who is not there. You really feel like that person wants to be with their social media crowd and not you.
    On the other hand, if you can manage it privately during your personal time, it should not be a problem.

• It's a turnoff if someone cares too much about social media or the accts of others

• Nope.

• Yes.

• No. I don't judge people based on that typically. Unless they have crazy stuff on their accounts but I don't pay attention. I try really hard to have a good looking account but I only have facebook.

• I can't stand it

• It's not really a "turn off" so much as it is a potential area of concern

• Well that's what I call socially insecure...

• I couldn't care less. . . .

• No
    It’s normal to have a backup account

• Yes.

• Why the hell would it be

• I wouldn't think so. Why would something like that even matter?

• Yes. Social media accounts are definitely a turn off.

• Yeah a bit, not a dealbreaker though

What Girls Said 6

• No. It would only be a turnoff if they had multiple profiles on one social media platform... because it'd make me wonder what they're up to. Why would someone have 2 Facebook profiles for example? Perhaps if they work with the public, I could understand having one professional profile and one personal on that's just for close friends and family. But I'd be concerned if they refused to ads me to one, esp if that one was locked down private. Seems skeevy.

• Honestly I have zero social media accounts because I love to have a private life and I always believe if someone wants to know me they have to talk to me. My boyfriend on the other hand has several social medias n all. And I find it a mega turn off but hey it's his choice xD.

• Why is it a turn off? To each their own.

• yes it is

• if they base there life around it i find it a turn of personally.

• Yes, especially if they want you to trust them.

• With something like this, If he has many other dating sites, you have your pick. Plenty of other fish in the sea.