Have you ever fallen in love on the first date?

This guy said he wants a long term relationship with me, he wants me, he wants to kiss me. He said he might fall in love with me on the first date. Been talking for a week

• Yes I have
  • No I haven't
  • Other (please explain)
    Vote C
I don't really believe him anymore..

5493

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't know you and he is already falling? If so, what he is falling for is not you, because he doesn't know you. He is simply falling for the idea of being in love, desperate to have a relationship so he can think of himself as normal. Whatever he is calling "love," it is not what happens in mature relationships. I think this guy will be very needy, very clingy, and push you to commit to an instant relationship.

My advice: run!!!

• OMG SAME.. WHILE YOU STILL CAN! HE IS DESPERATE (: I've had a similar experience where we just talked for a week and he wanted me to be his girlfriend and tried to kiss me and hold hands and looked like a horny little bitch... TOTALLY UNATTRACTIVE😂 RUUUUUUUUN GIIIIIRL

• The things that he has said to me made me stick with him (I do like him besides what he has told me) we went through a situation and I told him I think we were going a little fast and he agreed. So he suggested to stay good friends and see where it goes.. It's kind of a long story and I don't know if I want to broadcast what happened to everyone.

• Well that changes a lot (: If he agrees with you that he was going too fast and wants to be friends that's good news 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I haven't fallen in love, period.

Also, it just seems creepy to me that someone would say that.

• I think people don't know what love is and that restricts their reality

• Tell me how you can fall in love with someone you know nothing about? So i guess you mean fall in love (sexual)?

• Sometimes people feed parts of us we starve for a reason, I don't know about you guys but I've felt empty and missing for as long as I remember and I've met people online or otherwise that made me whole even for a second.

What Guys Said 92

• I hate this kind of stuff. Love isn't a state of being, its a verb. Love isn't all flowery and emotional, its cold and committed and strong. It is iron, but its portrayed as silver in media.

You don't "fall in love at first sight" because those commitments take time and that trust takes time to build.

• I completely agree with you, I do believe though you can strongly like someone\feel a connection with someone when you first meet them. It has happened to me. Love & trust takes time. I was skeptical when he said that and later on he agreed we were going too fast.

• that's called infatuation

• I mean, maybe he's rushing it but if you think about those married couples who have that great chemistry, often they tell you they knew pretty soon. Its definetely possible, just know that a lot of it is emotion and you still need to see how you are with each other

• I would say the clingy weirdo is probably what happens about 90% of the time when someone falls in "love" on the first date. But, me personally, believe in love at first sight. It's awesome and rare. Though we eventually broke up, I knew the first second I saw her. It was like getting the wind knocked out of me, skydiving, and punched in the face by Mike Tyson in one instant. I found out later in our relationship she felt the same way. My point is if this "love" on the first date is one-sided, it's probably an emotional maniac who can't control themselves. Any normal person who actually felt what I felt wouldn't just blurt something personal like that out and risk the chance of ruining everything.

• Legs open very easy love my ex McKayla I feel like she was the one ok now look where I am lol on this app

• not to great of me, but i'm a sucker for love i suppose.

to me, its them being sweet in general that does it.

what does it for you?

• You're basically falling in love with the person you see currently - yes that's possible...
    and it's also possible it's real true love as long as the dynamic and personalities stay consistent and keeping growing

but most often, the excitement tapers down and sometimes skeletons start emerging - basically meaning at first you haven't really experienced the negatives yet... that's why you're so in love...

• I think you're only meeting the best of the person on a first date because everyone wants to make a great first impression. For that reason alone, I've never fallen for someone on a first date. Everyone has both pros and cons and we can't only notice the pros to make a good decision.

• Love doesn't happen overnight... Haven't you ever seen Frozen? You may fall for someone that fast, but it doesn't make it love.

• Love at first sight is just people confusing infatuation with love.

• Falling in love starts much earlier for men than for girls. We fall in love most first 3 seconds, where girls usually fall in love over more time... Falling love over a date is mostly an illusion for both men and women. I'd say it's very very rare falling in love happens on a specific encounter. More likely, would say what does it means to really fall in love? and what level of love?

• I would run away... fast.

• Here in Germany, we don't go on dates with people we aren't in love with (except for blind dates or speed dating maybe)

• How does that work? What would you a get-together between two people that are exploring their feelings for each other?

• Good question, honestly, lol. They mostly do it by spending time with each other, but it doesn't have to be date-like...

• That's scary, no way. He wants to get in your pants and will say just about anything in the world to succeed.

• That's stupid.
    I've only fallen in love once in my entire life and that shit didn't happen overnight.

• I only went on a actual date and that was when I was 11 years old which didn't go well. So my answer is no I've never fell in love on a first date. However I've fell in love at first sight. And for those that say that's not possible, those loves of my life were as far back as when I was like first second grade, well actually even before school and I still remember them all.

• My first date turned from lunch into an 8 hour trip around the city... How TF can you not fall in love with someone that you can talk to naturally for 10 consecutive hours? Bad thing is that I set the bar too high for myself lmao.

• I have heard of people who claimed it happened to them but I think it is looking back with rosy coloured glasses and reinterpreting history. Who knows you may fall in love eventually but I think it is unlikely at first meeting.

• Y not if has a great character, attitude, personality, that cute little face with a smile, make me happy with jokes, make me laugh or laughing upon my dumbest joke etc etc!. Atlast i have add one more thing and it is that i have to know her at least on a friends level to go upon with her on a date!

• Been infatuated on the first date

• Yes. With my second love, when I took her to my senior prom, we had our first kiss and we decided to get married right after high school. But, she cheated on me during her junior year.

• He's not falling in love yet, he just really likes you. And he probably wants to fuck you. Do you want him to fuck you?

• I believe after a first date one can fall in love but i believe
    you got be sure this is true and not just one being a little
    too clingy.

• I haven't gone for a date

• I've felt the potential for love on the first date

• Who the hell falls in love on a first date? He doesn't know you! He has fallen in lust with you and sounds immature.

Probably desperate too. My personal advice?

GTFO

• Dont listen to older guys. Theyre jaded about the past. Clingy and desperation is what you'll hear. That may be true but isn't as likely if you two are quite young. Things are new and feeling often innocent and genuine. Loving the first time is amazing because of how raw and real and fast it can be. Nothing ever matches it later. It still happens... its slower... it won't be like the first though.

• Not "falling in love", but definitely a smitten feeling of "I really like this girl"

• First date, nah! But I could tell if there’s a potential or not, but it takes a couple of dates.

• I was in love first moment I met. I didn't know that though. Took me years to realize it. As a guy I was trying to get to know her better in a intimate way lol

• More from Guys
    62

What Girls Said 53

• You cannot fall in love on one date. That would mean you base "love" off superficial attributes such as looks which isn't love. You cannot truly love someone or fall in love till you know the person and you do not know someone after a week or a date. Of course it is possible to feel lust and excitement over someone you find attractive but that is not love or even close to love. It is lust which feels like love but is more superficial.

• I think it's more about how that person can make you feel. If you felt so happy with them on the first date and can see yourself caring for that person, it totally feels like love

• The problem is you do not know the entire person. Most people will put up a front on the first date or honeymoon phase. Everyone has bad habits and traits. You do not see them on date number 1. You see the charming happy caring person but you haven't seen them on their bad days. It is just lust that you are feeling.

• Probably more inspiration than lust. And depends on how much you bond. It's not only* lust

• That kind of talk so early on is honestly kind of a red flag...

• No, and honestly, I don't think it's possible to fall in love on the first date, at least not actual love. If that happens, I would imagine the person is really only in love with the "idea" of you because you can't really know someone on a deep level after only one date. It doesn't make sense to say you're in love with someone when you haven't seen who they REALLY are yet, flaws and all.

• I told my boyfriend I love him on our first date. We talked for like two weeks before that. 8 years later we're still together.

Trust your instincts. If you get a weird vibe from the guy then back away.

• he could fall in lust, but not love. love requires a deeper connection and a real trust, appreciating all that there is about that person. You can't learn all that in a week or on a first date, it takes time to get to a deeper level

• Ty! i said somthing similar and got down voted lol!!
      True love requires time AND effort, love a first sight isn't true love.

• @Nerdking lol love at first sight is really just "wow I think you're pretty"

• Girl keep your guard up. Generally when someone wants to get super attached very quickly, it's a bad sign. Not always, of course, but usually.

• My current boyfriend fell in love with me on our first date, which was a week after "talking". However, we were friends for years before dating and he had the biggest crush on me, so it's not like it was love at first sight

• Wow. I would be very concerned about a guy that acts like this. He is not a rational person from the sounds of it and I would probably not want to meet him.

• I think we shouldn't abuse the word "love" but it is true that you can tell if you like someone or not on the first date and you know if you can develop feelings for them. There is some kind of chemistry. People often confuse love with infatuation. I think we should be more cautious at the beginning of any relationship/friendship when you don't know someone really well.
    But I have experienced something you could call "love at first sight" and it lasted for many years...

• It’s virtually impossible. If anything, he’s falling for the idea of you. His mind is filling in all the blanks with what it wants prior to getting the chance to actually know you and fill in those blanks naturally.

• I got really crazy about one of my tinder dates. But then he turned out to be an ass

• I have fallen in love first sight but that is with male celebrities lol
    True love is hard to come by.

• I've been on a first date (usually after knowing them for a while) and thought "I COULD fall in love with him", but I don't think falling in love on the first date is really something that can happen

• Girl run while you can. You can be infatuated with someone before knowing them but you can't truly love someone until you know all of them. He's crazy for you no doubt, and that don't mean he's not worth considering, but that is a red flag and I'd tell him to slow tf down before someone gets hurt whether it be you or him. Taking things slow is never a bad idea.

• I've lusted at first sight but never fallen in love at first sight.

• Well i felt in love before the date but the date made me fall even more in love

• 1) Attraction
    2) Compatibility
    3) Sexuality
    4) Affection
    Blend all these factors together, there you go that's the short description of love to me. You can fall in love with someone on your first date, but the real question is about "How much do u love the other person". It'd nearly impossible to fall in love with someone enough to marry them in your future and have kids with them.(lol definitely NOPE).. So it's actually a process.. its about how much u fall in love everyday with that person for a long time commitment. Since Attraction is a factor when it comes to love, u might love the person.. but u gotta ask yourself "Is this enough?" You will get your answers then :). I hope it goes well for you *winks*

• nope. but then again I don't really date lol

• I've never fallen in love but I have developed a crush. Love is a very powerful feeling > it takes a while to reach

• No, you need to get to know the person before you can fall in love, but I'm sure you can start liking someone a lot at the first date

• Umm No

• Falling in love takes time to know each other and maintaining the relationship, not build some fantasy on how dating you would be like lol

• No, not on the first date. But I do hope to see the person more if I really like them

• With my best friend of 5 years, I was in love with him long before we got together.
    With a guy I have only been talking to for a week? Nope. Sounds like he’s promising a relationship just to get in your panties

• No. Maybe infatuated on the first date but never in love. Love takes much more time than a first date!

• No my heart is not that big and unprotected. I have quite thicker walls around it.

• No it's sooo stupid

• I don't think that you can fall in love on the first date (i think love is something that needs time and patience) but surely have a crush on someone. As for me I was interested in that guy after the first day I met him and now literally 10 years after he's my beloved husband.

• No I never have. Be careful guys some guys like to talk.

• sounds like rubbish.
    love is something that you feel when you get to know someone and you connect over time.

• More from Girls
    23