Can long distance relationship actually work?

725

Most Helpful Guy

• It can!

It has it's pros and cons but only if two people are really willing to be together and are making efforts whenever needed.

Long distance relationships are much more complicated and hence it requires a lot of efforts and patience to make it work (This is why most of the times people give up).

How can you be sure without even experiencing that it will work or not?

Even if it doesn't what is the harm in trying? You are always in for experiencing something new!

Choice is yours.
    GOOD Luck ! ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• If yr relationship can't survive a LDR phase, then yr relationship isn't actually a relationship.

In fact, I'd strongly recommend putting EVERY relationship through a LDR phase before entering into a more permanent commitment... for all sorts of reasons. Here are a few of the most important.

1) A LDR ensures that both of you have independent existences.
    (When both partners are around each other all the time, it's too easy for one partner's life and schedule to dominate the couple's life, and for the other to just... try to fit into the proverbial cracks.)

2) A LDR tests the true strength of yr relationship MINUS the sexual attraction part.
    This is MORE important if the sexual attraction itself is blinding hot -- because, in that case, it's often impossible NOT to be blinded by lust when yr partner is nearby. Oh believe me.

3) A LDR teaches you some delayed gratification. LOL
    Seriously, it really puts yr value of commitment to the test. If you can't "hold out" until the next time you see yr partner... then, what is yr "commitment" worth? Not much...

4) You can make more intelligently planned decisions about living arrangements and so on, since no one's being thrown into cohabiting right away.
    Also, if at least one of the two people has to make a big move for you to be together, then, you'll be versed in making these big life decisions BEFORE it's time to think about marriage, buying a house, having children, etc. (Lots of couples don't have to think about things like moving until that point... and then things just kinda explode in their faces.)

My husband and I were LDR for 14 months, starting the day after we met -- and that worked out wonderfully, in every possible way. 18 years later... 16.5 years married... and it's still getting better, and HOTTER, with us every day of every month of every year.

Would recommend to friends.

What Guys Said 24

• Coming from someone who was in a LDR for 2 years before finally meeting, it definitely can work. Now in my situation it ended up falling through, but not because of the LDR thing. As long as it isn't a permanent LDR it can definitely work

• Its just depends on who you are and what your idea of love is. To me We have a heart but love is not in are chest but in are mind, its an obsession we have that holds us together. And keeps us loyal to each other. You just have to choose to do the right thing. 🌹

• Yes, but I think it depends wether it's a LDR from the start or if at some point the relationship evolve into a LDR

• yeah it can work, mines been working for a long time and we're finally meeting up in a few months

• yes it can work.

• if you put the time into it yes, and if the other person cares for you as well, yes.

• With effort yes

• Distance never matter when hearts are close to each other

• It would depend for how long it is going to be they can be fun for a while if you're in the chatting and doing stuff on cam but that stuff you doing on cam also needs physical touch romance and passion and much much more

• Yes, but it's very hard.

• I would say no, but I have e friends that are in LDR and it's working somehow.

• I don't think it it can... unless your are seeing eachother maybe once a week at least or like a few times a month

• No. It doesn't. People say it does, but it doesn't. There is a void by being so far away. Eventually someone else will come to fill it.

• Nope

• i had one for 3 years till i screwed it up

• Depends on you and your boyfriend

• Not for long unless it's open

• Yes it can , send me your number , I'll show you how it's done.

• No, if is long dostance end it

• Yes.

• Hello I'm looking for a serious relationship

• My experience in this is worse so i think never works well

• No, they can not, stop fooling yourself

• I don't think so

What Girls Said 6

• It's not impossible to make it work, but it's rare LDR's survive the distance.

LDR's are extremely challenging , and very difficult to maintain, because the basis of the relationship is online communication. That's not enough to maintain a healthy lasting relationship. Gradually , over time , insecurities surface and trust issues develop, because you can't spend quality time with each other in real life.

The ultimate goal of a LDR is to close the distance by meeting up in person, in the physical world. Unless you can meet up in real life , on a regular basis the relationship won't survive , because a virtual relationship can't be compared to a physical relationship. It'll never be fulfilling or satisfying enough if all you have a online communication

The most challenging part is keeping each other's interest until you do meet up in real life

• It takes Two to Tangle and Two to Tango, And Two To... Make an Effort.
    I wish Sometimes I could Have Stayed with a Husband I Still have Out in Egypt. xx

• yes it can work

• It depends if both of you are fighting for it. it works

• Yes but it'd be harder to handle it.

• I guess that it depends on the people and how much they want to maintain the relationship they have.