What's so bad about refusing to date a guy that doesn't have a car?

Having a car is ideal in my city. I have a car that I worked shitty jobs to pay for. I have tried dating guys that didn't have a car. They always expected me to drive them home after or we would have this awkward moment after the date and they never offer to pitch in for gas.

It gets extremely annoying after a while.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• ''we would have this awkward moment after the date and they never offer to pitch in for gas. ''

Yea cos SOOOO many women offer to pitch in for gas when a guy drives them home after picking them up. Bwhahahaha double standards.

1|5
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally get it. I live in a city that would be ideal to have a car in also. I probably would not date someone without because that would mean they were not financially stable or afraid to drive, neither of which appeals to me (especially if they were my age). People without cars tend to do a lot of ride mooching without even realizing it. They can never reciprocate pickups, designated driver, etc. Hell I don't even enjoy having friends without card.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Guys have been doing the whole taxi cab thing for years now lol...
    guys generally always do it

now that you have the car and he doesn't - she can't even do it for simple dates lol
    You wouldn't last a day being a male hahaha

0|7
    1|1
  • I've never not had a car when i dated somebody although once i had a shitty car and she had a nice car and that's why i have a major car payment and now I'm going into the military because i don't know what else to do with my life since my parents failed me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Stop blaming your parents. At your age you've failed yourself.

• What? So because she had a nice car, you made the decision to get a car that was beyond your economical restrictions (also known as peer pressure and mismanagement of finances) and then because you haven't pursued anything your going into the army for the lols.

This is your parents fault how? Did you expect to be given a brand new Audi? A high paying job handed to you?

Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blubbing.

• I didn't explain myself very well - i know myself. Its ok I'm doing what's right

• Its superficial to refuse dating someone because of he has or is, as for the other problem that they're always expecting you to drive them around, you should just be firm and say no.

The ones who aren't worth it won't stick around and to be honest a real gentleman wouldn't ask a lady he is dating to drive him anywhere, he would rather take the bus or walk.

0|2
    0|0
  • As you said. Its 'ideal'. That means its not necessary. If you really enjoy your time with the guy, who cares if they can't drive? Giving them a ride shouldn't matter in that case. And for him, that means realizing that you are not his chauffeur and that he can walk/uber himself when you say no. If it bothers you that much though, just start dating guys with cars.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never saw a lady who wanted to pitch for gas...

But no, it's totally acceptable

1|4
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• For the early initial dating, i think each person should have their own transportation. Once you start to get to know them a bit more, like on a friend-level, then it's more acceptable to drive one another home regardless of who does it. At least by then you won't feel like you've been used like a cab driver and if things don't work out, it's not as big of a deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's your choice.

Personally I have better things to do than quibble over a pound of petrol for driving x far. I'm more interested in the person they are, whether we like each other and have fun. But that's just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't drive and I have found it hard to date a guy with no care. It is possibly my most shallow standard. But that's life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well one there’s uber and if you live in NYC, or Athens or another major city there the Subway. But if they have car or not shouldn’t be the reason why your not with them or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it doesn't work for you it doesn't work for you, no need to explain that!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes