How long does it take to really get to know someone you're dating?

how long would you date someone exclusively before you KNOW you want to be with them for the long run? weeks? months?

1210

What Guys Said 10

• Every person has their own what I call natural strategy for that, some people need less time than others

• I believe it takes at least 3 months before you really know someone.

• a few months

• It depends on the persons. Some people are really open and you can't get to know them well within a week and other people can take years or never to know because they are so two faced and shady.

• To get to the point where I know I'm in it for the long haul... maybe a year. But I think that we never really get to know our partners, so it's a constant but loving fight to continue growing with them, and closer to them.

• Maybe months

• Like 2 years

• I've met someone for 10 mins and felt I've known them better than others I've known most of my life..

• Until and unless you fall in real difficult situation with them. U can fetch great details from small things

• Said it's possible to fall in love at first sight it happened for me but I f***** it up

What Girls Said 12

• A few months, at least. It really depends on how frequently we see each other and the quality of the interactions. Shared experience is the backbone of any kind of relationship, because you can't effectively establish trust until you've interacted with a person to see how they treat you (and others around them) and had to rely on them to see where their care and loyalty lies. You also need some time to ease into each other's social and family lives--especially if you hail from different cultural backgrounds.

• By long run do you mean marriage or life partnership? If that's the case, at least 2 years. I think that's how long I need minimum to go through the good and bad times, family functions, to meet friends, etc

• Generally maybe a month for extroverts but as long as 3 months for introverts.

As for me... im bipolar so i will open up to you whenever i feel like it.

• It takes years the guy im dating i've known him for about 5/6 years and i feel like im berly grtting to know him as crazy as it sounds lol

• Time doesn't define the understanding of two people... depends how open you both are.. least lies sooner it'll be.

• One or more years of friendship and then just... booom... relationship XD

• I really think it depends on the people involved.

• Everyone is different. I prefer to know someone a while (a couple of years... Maybe one) before I date them. I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

• Weeks

• 3-6months as long as you see them in a variety of situations and scenarios

• it depends but usually takes a month

• My best relationships have started from friendships first, that's just how it works for me so I already have a feel for who the person is.