Do you think women are more shallow than men? leading to double standards?

I think so because the truth is, men like a woman for who she is but women like a men for who he has. A man doesn't mind if a women doesn't have ambition just as long as he likes her for who she is, but a woman would never touch a man in the same circumstances no matter how great he is in other areas. And it's ok if a woman doesn't like a man due to his height but it's not ok for a man to not like her due to her weight and so on. What do you think?

926

What Guys Said 26

• I can accept a girl/ women in whatever form they come in. From looks to wieght. I'm not really bothered as long as they are with me for me and if they don't have much to offer but love, which I'd be fine with, even if thats was the only thing they was able to give me, thats all I'd care about.
    But they don't do the same for guys.
    And nice guys like me get ignored cause we haven't got looks of attributes that meet their standards.

• Not all but in my opinion yes and no... Most men see sex and dating differently and sexually they lower their standards but still see certain things for attraction like face... ass... boobs etc.. Most women need that connection for sex as well

• Honestly?
    As a man, I find that the average expectations placed on men, are about 10X higher than they should be.
    As a man I am expected to:
    Be a father
    Be a lover
    Be a friend
    Be understanding
    Be a rock in the storm
    Be emotional (conflicting shit, right)
    I have to be strong, but soft, loving but not clingy, caring but not too attached or worried. I am supposed to be in shape, but not make her feel bad when she puts on a bit of weight. I am expected to have a giant dong, or a little dong.

Half the shit women want from men ON AVERAGE, is just a bunch of contradictory nonsense.
    To me, a man is this:
    Loving. You cling to your lady because you care about her and her safety is paramount.
    You are strong for her because she needs your solidarity.
    You can cry. If your lady does not want her man to cry because its somehow not manly... Bye Felicia, I have feelings and emotions too.
    He sticks around for his kids, or takes them when mommy is not being a good mommy.
    A man can be a stay at home father. I was. My wife was a nice change of pace before she passed recently.
    I mean, I am a great cook, very organised, and I loved taking care of her. Showering together, braiding her hair for her before she goes to work (her hair was about 3.5 feet long) and she loved all the compliments she would get from the different braids I would do.

honestly, thats a real man. Soft for his lady, or his family. But a god damned metal spiked wall to everybody else, to defend his lady or family.

• I think when it comes to what we would like in the opposite sex, perhaps yeah. Men dont put anywhere as much pressure on women to be a full grocery list of qualities. Women can have some pretty unrealistic standards, i. e. 6'7 inches tall, MBA, doctorate, harvard educated, but still be in the streets, make six figures, drive a Bugatti, travel frequently, etc. Most men want a girl to at least look good, and then after that, other qualities are based on what he wants to match his lifestyle.

• For the most part, today's women most of them, yes this is true.

• I'd say women are more spoiled due to white knights but otherwise both sexes are pretty shallow in general.

• Maybe I’m out of touch but what exactly is a” White knight”?

• a male that will do anything for a female and defend her no matter what, a male feminist if you will.

• @jimmijo1954 Kranjec nailed it but nobody can blame you for not knowing. People constantly come up with new terms.

For example, a "hoe" would be a "slut" but now she's a "T. H. O. T." "That Hoe Over There" and people will use the acronym in the incorrect fashion.

And instead of "cool" it's now "dank", "diesel" and so on depending on the area where you live.

• Wich sex is more shallow mainly depends on the way people are raised, and therefore the area you live in. The double standards you mentioned aren't good, but you can't do much. Try to reflect on your own actions to at least find your own faults.

• Thank you for that I appreciate it

• Definitely double standards. Your supposed to take people for who they are and don't judge. Tbh I dont care how attractive a girl is if she started all that how much do you earn shit if dump her like a hot potato. Can't stand shallow, materialistic people. They rub me up the wrong way

• I think you're examples of double standards above are spot on and yes women are extremely shallow

• I really think YES, at least most of them I have encountered

• Speak for yourself. I have standards. There are plenty of women with no standards that would suit you.

• Yes women are more shallow than men.

• It all depends on the situation it is dangerous to generalise. Its like you fancy a lass or lad beautiful body but the person opens their mouth the whole thing is destoryed. If y are not happy you would walk away. That's just life..

• Um I don't know about other guys but I find desire and ambition extremely attractive qaulitys. Our desire to learn and grow is what makes us living sentient creatures withought that you may as well be an inanimate object.

• Nailed it

• Yes i do believe that

• Yes I absolutely agree

• I think whatever the situation if there is any kind of interest between them they can get over the cons of each other

• It has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with maturity.

• Well I think thats a very general statement

• Most definitely, especially younger girls

• Honeslty yeah woman can be assholes some times

• I think you’re absolutely right and I’m glad somebody realizes this on the female side

• Probably. The more selective a group the more discriminatory.

• I agree!
    Definitely the women are more shallow. it's not even a question!

What Girls Said 9

• I don't believe anyone is shallow just because they have standards and preferences. WE ALL have them. If people didn't have standards , and preference that would mean they'd date anyone and everyone. That would be evidence of their own low self-esteem , and lack of self-belief.

I prefer a guy to be tall , my boyfriend doesn't complain about my preference, because he is over 6ft. The only guys who accuse me of being shallow, and have an issue with my preference is guys who are insecure about their own height. That won't influence me to change what i want

I enjoy wearing makeup , but some guys don't like girls wearing makeup. That doesn't mean they are shallow. That's just their own personal preference -what they are physically attracted to.

Only those with no self-worth , and no confidence in themselves have no relationship standards and preferences

• Well what you're doing is kind of intellectually dishonest. I recognize that you are saying any guy who wants to call you shallow for having height standards is insecure, so that you won't get criticized. I don't have height insecurities, but I'm going to ask anyways, would you date your boyfriend if he wasn't tall? If no, then can you really say you love your boyfriend?

• Seeing as we're more picky, yea

• Not really. I've met lots of shallow men and women. It honestly goes both ways. Just depends who u run into. Most of my life I've seen both. "Dude her personality sucks but her body is so hot". "Ugh he's so boring but he's so tall and hot!". XD just all kinds both genders.

• But women have more criteria than men like money, status etc. while men only go for looks and don't care about money, status etc.

• From my experience men go more for looks, while women go after succes, confidence or humour. But both sexes are shallow in their own way.

• Success confidence humor THEN looks + height. But men only go for looks so that's 5 criteria for women for ever 1 criteria for men so women demand more.

• I didn't say that. Men don't need to meet all that criteria, 1 is often enough.. and some of these things, like success or confidence can be build and worked on, while looks is something you are you are born with, and many times you can't change it that much. If you are ugly and shy girl, bad for you. The same if you are a guy. I have seen both shallow men and women, and I don't think any of the sexes is more shallow.

• Yes.

• Not really

• It's easier for a woman to get a man than a man to get a woman because men have lower standards. That's why there are more single men than women.

• In some sees yes, in others no.

• yeah they are

• Men aren't picky when it comes to one night stands or friends with benefits type of things, but once they want a relationship, their standards skyrocket. Weight, hair colour, eye colour, ambitions, etc. will start to matter.