1 y

Is it stupid to walk away from love?

He told me he wanted to date more people because 2 isn't enough to know what he wants. We went through a pregnancy scare and spent a week together. After that he thought space would be a good idea because he feels we never go more than a day without speaking to one another. I had agreed and later felt problems with this. Why am I giving space when he wants to date other people and we aren't committed? Isn't space about having time to do our own things but still wanting to be together? I guess I am not good with ambivalent space. I ended things and told him goodbye. I asked if he was okay and he said as long as I didn't go blocking him or anything. My response was "I am going to go on with life as usual" but I don't see why blocking him would matter (some days will be hard not to reach out). He simply replied "that sounds great". Apart of me hoped he would protest. Is he not taking me seriously perhaps? Truth is I love this man and can see a future with him but one of my most basic needs is a commitment. I don't like being the initiator but he says I never give him enough time to be. It has been over a year with him in my life. Love isn't a movie, I get that. There will be days of silence, days without flowers, and plenty of arguments. He wants to date other people though and I love him, so go.
Is it stupid to walk away from love?
Add Opinion