Who pay the bills on your first date?

Who do you think should pay?
Man, woman, or 50:50?

1441

What Guys Said 41

• 1st date should be each pay their own way so there is no obligation, and nobody feels used if things don't work out.
    2nd date, I would want the woman to pay to show that she isn't one of the many of them that think of a man as an ATM. After that, take turns paying each date.
    I won't pay for anyone's way until she has paid for me first.
    I learned my lesson long ago. I'm not going to provide for a greedy selfish person.

• i think the woman should be willing and trying to pay and go for 50:50 and the man should try to pay for her xD that´s good manners in my opinion.

• I'm old school and think The male should pay the first date. After that she should offer to pay half the bill at least once or twice on future dates.

• Have sex first and whoever cums last has to pay.

• Good question. I always advice 50/50 or do something really simple. I will explain why.

If the guy pays it can bring an uncomfortable amount of pressure on both parties. If the guy pays he may feel like he is being used for money just to be dumped the next day. And at the same time if the guy pays the girl may feel pressure to have sex with him.

By making it 50/50 or making it a simple low cost date that pressure is not there and the two people can have a nice date without that pressure.

By the way, if you want to know. I have always paid for my dates.

• I' old fashioned enough that I expect to pay for the date, but I'm oddly flattered if she offers to go dutch. Let her do what she's comfortable doing.
    On the flip side, if she insists on going dutch, I'm apt to take her apparent disposable income into account. And If she invites me to, say, breakfast in Paris, she's buying the plane tickets.:)

• Most people nowadays pay for themselves on a first date. I have had 3 gfs, lots of hook ups, and many dates and I have spent maybe a total of $5 on strangers I wasn't dating.

Also many guys purposely split because some girls consider splitting a deal breaker. It just so happens that this dealbreaker is a great way to filter out women who are materialistic, entitled or hold onto too traditional values.

• The one who invited pays. If you invite and have no money, dont invite into a fancy restaurant. There are plenty of very cheap date possibilities.

• First date should be 50/50
    After that, whoever initiates the date should pay.

• It should be a 50-50 in my opinion. But, I'll pay the bill myself unless, she budges in and asks to pay the amount.

• Gentlemanly thing to do is the man takes the bill, I was raised to always do so or at the very least offer to do so. Nonetheless in today's world people go nuts on something so small as paying the bill

• 50:50

• Men should pay on a first date but some women don’t agree with that and want to go dutch. I really appreciate that, not cuz of money, but cuz it shows that she’s an independent woman and probably isn’t interested in money.

• Ill pay just so I can call the shots lol... he isn't called the man for nothing...

• Even I think the bill should be 50 -50, but as per the dating rule book man should pay the bill this way he is considered mannered n financial capable... Again no logical logic in this rule.

I also do believe there are infact some woman who likes if it's 50-50, but the number is very less

• I’d say sub 50/50 you don’t know the person well enough to actually care. The exception would be if y’all were friends first or have some history then I would do it because I care about her and want to also make a strong impression

• Woman

• 50:50 or the person initiating the date.

• I don't mind paying for a girl on the first date. It makes no difference to me.

• men
    .
    .

• What date when?

• Man of course.

• I appreciate you sound like a gentleman. But I disagree with u. Women should pay the next date or so because nowadays women work too and make as much money as a man

• Oh no, I just mean the first date. After that it's the woman's choice if she'd like to help pay or pay for the date. Lol I was mainly answering the bold question.

• I don't think there is a right answer. It all depends on the two individuals at play and how they feel about it. Personally, I like to be the one to pay for it.

• Dutch

• i will pay. if she has a problem with that then we dont match

simple as that :)

• On the first date the man. Than after that 50/50 or they should switch off

• Man.

• 50:50

• So many gentlemen here. Guess I'd pay for the first impression but after that it's 50/50. I value money more than anything

• in the first date the man

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 14

• Mostly when i've been on a date the man has paid.
    But think its nice for the woman to offer or pay her own way.
    I don't expect it, but if they offer i accept it and it does make them more attractive to me because i see it as them making effort.

• Whoever did the inviting/asking/planning for the date pays. That promotes romance and coupling. Splitting it 50/50 does not promote romance. It promotes friendship.

• With all o fmy Own Dates and Mates I have Had, The Man always Pays. Just a Normal Gesture he will do when he Naturally just Pulls out his Wallet.
    However, if Ahead of Time, You both Happen to Discuss Other arrangements, Then so Be it.
    Remember, dear, Not Everyone under the Fun Sun will be Like my Gem of Gents. lol
    Good Luck. xx

• 50/50 works best, I think.

• Pay for yourself or have a first date that's free.

• I prefer the guy to pay full first date. but I would pay fully the 2nd date or vice versa. I do that even with my friends. I don't like the idea of 50/50 when it comes to paying for food unless I am hanging out for business or so with strangers

• Both

• Different with different boyfriends.
    But I prefer paying for myself till I date.

After marriage it's his responsibility! 😁

• Everyone pay for their own food.

• I would split the bill. Although it would be cute if he wanted to pay all by himself.

• Man!

• 50/50

• If a guy expects to pay my half on the first date, that's a deal breaker.

• I think the two people going out get to decide what works best for them. There's no one right way to do it.