How to kindly reject a guy?

aturtlesdream
Ok so I just started this new waitressing job and I'm in my 2nd week of working there. There's this really nice funny guy, and he's 26. He was talking to me yesterday about how we should hang out sometime, and he hangs out with other coworkers all the time so I'm like why not? I'm just as nice to him as I am to all the other workers, male or female so I don't know why he would think that I'm interested but maybe I gave him the wrong idea? Anyway so I said yes to hanging w him bc I thought he meant just as friends, so later when I gave him my number he's all "oh I didn't actually think you'd give it to me!" Which surprised me bc again, I thought he was only asking me as a friend. And ever since he's been texting me about how we should go out to dinner then chill at his place and he can get me wine (which I never asked for) and stuff like that. I'm 18 and he's 26 and Ik it's legal and it's not a problem for a lot of people but I don't wanna date someone that much older :/ also, im taking a gap year between high school and college and I'll be leaving for LA in a year, and I've done long distance in the past and would not want to do it again. Also, I don't wanna date someone I work with. Also have done that in the past and it did not end well. We're hanging out tomorrow and I figured I would tell him in person rather than text him, but is there anything I can say to or him down easy? Should I just blame it on the gap year and dating someone I work with thing? Guys: anything I can say to make it suck less for him? :( girls: literally any advice u can give me. Help!
How to kindly reject a guy?
Add Opinion