Does paying for expensive dates entitle men to sex?

Does Paying for Expensive Dates Entitle Men to Sex?
  • Yes, it does
  • No, it doesn't

4174

Most Helpful Girls

• No, it doesn't.
    Its there choice no one can make them.
    it makes more sense to pay for a prostitute if they expect sex.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

What Girls Said 39

• No. This is exactly why I think that dates should not be exorbitant and people should pay for themselves. That way, no one owes anyone anything.

• I bet you would judge a guy if he offered to split the bill

• Yeah there's probably some truth in that.

• Although I think that's only really the case for those who depended only on their looks when they were younger

• No, not unless the woman is an escort, or there was something negotiated beforehand, or it's within the context of a sugar relationship.

If you haven't made any MUTUAL SPOKEN arrangements regarding sex, then you've no right to expect anything sexual from either party. A date is a date, and nowhere in the date handbook does it say that a date has to be expensive. If you don't want it to be expensive, don't suggest or agree to an expensive date. Simple as that.

Personally, I'm against expensive dates, especially in that initial phase of dating. I prefer to split the bill (if I ever don't, it's because of the guy's insistence), but if a date goes above a certain price range, I WILL split the bill, whether the guy insists on it or not. That's how I ensure that nobody feels entitled to anything.

• Unless it goes into her pocket she ain't a prostitute. If you don't wanna pay split, if she don't wanna split get up and walk out and leave her with the bill.

• No, because it kinda translates as ''paying for sex''. And that would make the woman a prostitute. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true. So if you expect sex in return for money, dating is not the way to go for you! :)

• As a girl that would be satisfied if a date included only a walk in the park, I say No... you have no right over my body if you payed a dollar or thousands for a dinner you are not forced to have. I would feel like i owed you for an expencive date, but I would also make sure to be able to pay for my share or just if you bough us lets say pizza, im buying the icecream we'll get later... ya get me?

• The past tense of the verb ‘pay’ is ‘paid’.

• Lol thanks but the fact that I've been speaking it for 13 years fluently kinda makes me feel ashamed at small mistakes like this. Besides I learned how to speak then started writing the words based on how I remember them... like not knowing the letter but just how the word looks when written down. Tho thanks!

• ashamed of* (already getting better ahahah)

• No! Nothing entitles a guy to get sex. You make it sound like he has a right to say he paid for an expensive date so he should get sex. Is that not close to offering her money directly, as you would a prostitute?

• Unless that woman is an escort and you've already agreed to something - NO. People can refuse to have sex with another person for whatever reason they like. Nothing makes you entitled to a woman's or mans body.

• nope. it's your choice how much you pay. only a bad person thinks that it should make the girl pay him back with sex.
    it not stands on the same lvl.
    if you think you can buy sex with an expensive date, then go for professional escorts 😂

• No that is not a good way to look at things that makes men think if they shower expensive things on girls its a panty dropper I mean that some peoples opinion but that shouldn't be the reason to give up the goods

• I don't think may pay period. I would love to pay, or split the bill. Either way, we are both going on a date, I would prefer to take part in it. I would feel awful if someone is paying for my meal.

Women do want equality. But not all women say "males should pay period". And the women who do that, don't want equality and are pieces of shit.

• I can't believe this is a question 2017.

If you want to buy sex find a whore, because if you're dating and you seriously don't know the answer to this, you're going to end up charged with rape sooner or later.

• Did you arrange it beforehand?

If not, then why would it?

My mom pays for my food a lot. Is she entitled to sex with me?

• Sure if you think that prostitution is okay because that's basically what that is.

• Nothing should entitle a man to have sex... Entitlement is when he's f**king cooked food he is entitled to have some.. Sex is differemt

• Like most human misunderstandings, this can be avoided if the self absorbed "gentleman" stated his intentions clearly. How sad.

• No just like flirting with a cop doesn't mean no ticket.

• Nothing gives anyone entitlement to anyones body no matter what

• No, it just entitles the to lose more money than the average date.

• No. Unless she's a sex worker, no amount of money entitles you to her body. Sorry.

• Wtf. You paid for food not her body. That's so cheap and disgusting.

• More from Girls
    19

What Guys Said 72

• Yes, but only if the girl who you are with is a slut or a whore.

Understanding relationships by who paid for what and who owes who is not a very successful strategy if you want a good long term relationship.

• Definitely it does not entitle one to sex. If you say it does, you must have mistook your date for a prostitute and the dinner was the payment.

Any gifts given when expecting something in return are not gifts, but transactions. And both parties must agree on a transaction.

• Absolutely not. In fact, I recently walked away from a date where it was clear to me the woman was just using me for my money (I have a post about it, actually).

A woman is never obligated to have sex with a man for any reason whatsoever. Nor should men feel they are entitled to a dip in the pool because of [reason]. That's just absurd.

• Props on the vote count, and can I get the names of the 7 women who voted yes? :)

Seriously, ladies, even if he flies you to Rome for a weekend, it doesn't entitle him to your body! What if you find out he's obnoxious in some way?

That said, all things being equal, it beats a trip to McD's.

• I'm so glad to hear that some men are smart and kind. The fact that men think women owe them sex is repulsive.

• @kaskas19 Wish there were more women like you out there, then.

It really amazes me how pissed women get - and then call the man a loser, etc - if the man says they want to share the cost of the first date.

It's sad, really.

• Same. Here.

I would love the share the bill. I usually ask if we can.

• IF a woman expects a man to pay for her then I see know problem in him expecting her to have sex with him, after all that is a fair exchange. However I think that neither party should expect anything (women on the other hand seem to think that they should be allowed to have everything they want with out giving anything in return, mainly because men have allowed it for some unfathomable reason).

• No however a really good blow job from a woman who can suck a golf ball through a garden hose then shoot the hot load right into her mouth helps out a lot after a really nice dinner for sure!!!

• Never! I cannot stress this enough, you never have the right to do anything to someone without their consent, it's your fault if you spent lots of money on someone and expected something in return, the other person has rights, and feelings, they are not something you can buy, treat them like a human being, because they are one.

• Nothing entitles anyone to sex to me it kinda sounds rapey I mean to put it bluntly its sounds like "I paid for this $100+ dinner without asking now you have no choice but to let me smash" it doesn't sound right does it

• If that's what guys expect when they pay for an expensive dinner, then they shouldn't. They will be disappointed.

• Not entitled to sex, but he does deserve some kind of sign that he's more than just a means to a free ride in first class. That she is contributing more than just her presence to the relationship.

On the other hand, if she really is just milking his wallet, he deserves to know that so he can decide for himself if he's ok with being nothing more than a sugar daddy or if he's better off cutting his losses and moving on with the knowledge that he dodged a bullet.

• Of course not. The man paying for something like that should be seen as a gift of goodwill, not simply "doing his part". Women shouldn't see sex as obligation the man to pay for expensive things either, so it goes both ways.

• Hang on, how is that going both ways?

• "If a woman is having sex with him, that doesn't obligate the man to buy expensive things for her or take her to expensive places."

Of course not, if a man is having sex with a woman I don't see why she would feel obligated to take him to expensive places either; why should it? Do you think women get nothing from sex or something?

I still don't see how it works both ways..

• I am explicitly stating that I think it's a terrible mindset - I'm just acknowledging that it happens and people should avoid it.

• Of course not !! If a man decides on an expensive first date , then he is a mug & asking to be used !! Keep a first encounter brief , simple & inexpensive , this keeps pressure off BOTH parties & either party can eject swiftly if they are not keen on the other.

• A quarter of the males who responded said that they did think that they would be entitled to demand sex.
    I find their mentality to be disturbing, as both a man and as the father of a young woman.

• i think honestly, it depends.

if he´s that kind of guy that goes up to a girl and invites her to the most expensive place in town, then no. it´s his decision to go there and impress her. that doesn´t entitle him to sex.

however if she´s that kind of girl that expects him to pay for her then i think it´s only fair if he expects her to spread her legs for him xD

• No. To add, a girl dating a man doesn't entitle her to his wallet. Besides, why pay for expensive dates when a man can pay a hooker where sex is guaranteed?

• Nope. Nothing really entitles anyone to anything. I consider expensive dates for the fourth or fifth one when we are more likely to consider a relationship.

• Yes. Either you believe so or you're a hypocritical whore. If men have to pay because "it's what men do, its a mans job" then your job as a woman is to give me sex. Im god damn sick of this shit where women can demand and expect whatever they want, but if a men ever dares to have preferences, he's judged. Fuck you all, seriously. You wonder why dudes are abandoning relationships. You all aren't worth a fuck anymore. If men have roles, so do women PERIOD.

• Men don't have to pay. If you don't want to pay, talk to her about it, or just don't go on a date.

If you go on a date with a woman and expect her to give you sex because you decided to pay for the whole thing, that's prostitution. Go get a prostitute.

• It was considered ideal back in the day because it was just manners. Not a lot of women do this now, but those that do expect a man to pay for everything are shitty and don't deserve a relationship. If you don't want to be in a relationship with a shitty woman, don't do it. Either way, nobody owes anybody sex. She is not an object.

• Nope, the guy still chooses to pay. Consider it a gift. You don't expect something in return if you give someone a gift. There's also a lot of other dynamics that play into it. Like what if the guy is a few years older and has a stable, well-paying job, and she's a student and doesn't? If he knows that and takes her to an expensive place, I feel like it would be normal for him to pay. And vice-versa as well, if the woman was older, but that's not as common of a scenario.

• It just shows that they have money. What? Nothing entitles men to sex except getting down on their knees and pulling out a ring.

• Means you have expensive taste, refined preferences.

Only an idiot would think he deserved sex for taking a woman out of the town.

• there are many people are genuine , i do that everytime my freinds came from other countries like. i feel like they are my guests. not to have sex with them.

• More from Guys
    52