Does paying for expensive dates entitle men to sex?

Does Paying for Expensive Dates Entitle Men to Sex?
  • Yes, it does
  • No, it doesn't

4174

Most Helpful Girls

• No, it doesn't.
    Its there choice no one can make them.
    it makes more sense to pay for a prostitute if they expect sex.

Most Helpful Guys

What Girls Said 39

• No. This is exactly why I think that dates should not be exorbitant and people should pay for themselves. That way, no one owes anyone anything.

• I bet you would judge a guy if he offered to split the bill

• Yeah there's probably some truth in that.

• Although I think that's only really the case for those who depended only on their looks when they were younger

• No, not unless the woman is an escort, or there was something negotiated beforehand, or it's within the context of a sugar relationship.

If you haven't made any MUTUAL SPOKEN arrangements regarding sex, then you've no right to expect anything sexual from either party. A date is a date, and nowhere in the date handbook does it say that a date has to be expensive. If you don't want it to be expensive, don't suggest or agree to an expensive date. Simple as that.

Personally, I'm against expensive dates, especially in that initial phase of dating. I prefer to split the bill (if I ever don't, it's because of the guy's insistence), but if a date goes above a certain price range, I WILL split the bill, whether the guy insists on it or not. That's how I ensure that nobody feels entitled to anything.

• Unless it goes into her pocket she ain't a prostitute. If you don't wanna pay split, if she don't wanna split get up and walk out and leave her with the bill.

• No, because it kinda translates as ''paying for sex''. And that would make the woman a prostitute. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true. So if you expect sex in return for money, dating is not the way to go for you! :)

• As a girl that would be satisfied if a date included only a walk in the park, I say No... you have no right over my body if you payed a dollar or thousands for a dinner you are not forced to have. I would feel like i owed you for an expencive date, but I would also make sure to be able to pay for my share or just if you bough us lets say pizza, im buying the icecream we'll get later... ya get me?

• The past tense of the verb ‘pay’ is ‘paid’.

• Lol thanks but the fact that I've been speaking it for 13 years fluently kinda makes me feel ashamed at small mistakes like this. Besides I learned how to speak then started writing the words based on how I remember them... like not knowing the letter but just how the word looks when written down. Tho thanks!

• ashamed of* (already getting better ahahah)

• No! Nothing entitles a guy to get sex. You make it sound like he has a right to say he paid for an expensive date so he should get sex. Is that not close to offering her money directly, as you would a prostitute?

• Unless that woman is an escort and you've already agreed to something - NO. People can refuse to have sex with another person for whatever reason they like. Nothing makes you entitled to a woman's or mans body.

• nope. it's your choice how much you pay. only a bad person thinks that it should make the girl pay him back with sex.
    it not stands on the same lvl.
    if you think you can buy sex with an expensive date, then go for professional escorts 😂

• No that is not a good way to look at things that makes men think if they shower expensive things on girls its a panty dropper I mean that some peoples opinion but that shouldn't be the reason to give up the goods

• I don't think may pay period. I would love to pay, or split the bill. Either way, we are both going on a date, I would prefer to take part in it. I would feel awful if someone is paying for my meal.

Women do want equality. But not all women say "males should pay period". And the women who do that, don't want equality and are pieces of shit.

• Show more from Girls
    29

What Guys Said 72

• Yes, but only if the girl who you are with is a slut or a whore.

Understanding relationships by who paid for what and who owes who is not a very successful strategy if you want a good long term relationship.

• Definitely it does not entitle one to sex. If you say it does, you must have mistook your date for a prostitute and the dinner was the payment.

Any gifts given when expecting something in return are not gifts, but transactions. And both parties must agree on a transaction.

• Absolutely not. In fact, I recently walked away from a date where it was clear to me the woman was just using me for my money (I have a post about it, actually).

A woman is never obligated to have sex with a man for any reason whatsoever. Nor should men feel they are entitled to a dip in the pool because of [reason]. That's just absurd.

• Props on the vote count, and can I get the names of the 7 women who voted yes? :)

Seriously, ladies, even if he flies you to Rome for a weekend, it doesn't entitle him to your body! What if you find out he's obnoxious in some way?

That said, all things being equal, it beats a trip to McD's.

• I'm so glad to hear that some men are smart and kind. The fact that men think women owe them sex is repulsive.

• @kaskas19 Wish there were more women like you out there, then.

It really amazes me how pissed women get - and then call the man a loser, etc - if the man says they want to share the cost of the first date.

It's sad, really.

• Same. Here.

I would love the share the bill. I usually ask if we can.

• IF a woman expects a man to pay for her then I see know problem in him expecting her to have sex with him, after all that is a fair exchange. However I think that neither party should expect anything (women on the other hand seem to think that they should be allowed to have everything they want with out giving anything in return, mainly because men have allowed it for some unfathomable reason).

• No however a really good blow job from a woman who can suck a golf ball through a garden hose then shoot the hot load right into her mouth helps out a lot after a really nice dinner for sure!!!

• Never! I cannot stress this enough, you never have the right to do anything to someone without their consent, it's your fault if you spent lots of money on someone and expected something in return, the other person has rights, and feelings, they are not something you can buy, treat them like a human being, because they are one.

• Nothing entitles anyone to sex to me it kinda sounds rapey I mean to put it bluntly its sounds like "I paid for this $100+ dinner without asking now you have no choice but to let me smash" it doesn't sound right does it

• If that's what guys expect when they pay for an expensive dinner, then they shouldn't. They will be disappointed.

• Not entitled to sex, but he does deserve some kind of sign that he's more than just a means to a free ride in first class. That she is contributing more than just her presence to the relationship.

On the other hand, if she really is just milking his wallet, he deserves to know that so he can decide for himself if he's ok with being nothing more than a sugar daddy or if he's better off cutting his losses and moving on with the knowledge that he dodged a bullet.

• Show more from Guys
    62