Does paying for expensive dates entitle men to sex?

Does Paying for Expensive Dates Entitle Men to Sex?

• Yes, it does
  • No, it doesn't

4074

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 40

• No, it doesn't.
    Its there choice no one can make them.
    it makes more sense to pay for a prostitute if they expect sex.

• No. This is exactly why I think that dates should not be exorbitant and people should pay for themselves. That way, no one owes anyone anything.

• I bet you would judge a guy if he offered to split the bill

• Yeah there's probably some truth in that.

• Although I think that's only really the case for those who depended only on their looks when they were younger

• No, not unless the woman is an escort, or there was something negotiated beforehand, or it's within the context of a sugar relationship.

If you haven't made any MUTUAL SPOKEN arrangements regarding sex, then you've no right to expect anything sexual from either party. A date is a date, and nowhere in the date handbook does it say that a date has to be expensive. If you don't want it to be expensive, don't suggest or agree to an expensive date. Simple as that.

Personally, I'm against expensive dates, especially in that initial phase of dating. I prefer to split the bill (if I ever don't, it's because of the guy's insistence), but if a date goes above a certain price range, I WILL split the bill, whether the guy insists on it or not. That's how I ensure that nobody feels entitled to anything.

• No, because it kinda translates as ''paying for sex''. And that would make the woman a prostitute. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true. So if you expect sex in return for money, dating is not the way to go for you! :)

• No, it just entitles the to lose more money than the average date.

• I don't think may pay period. I would love to pay, or split the bill. Either way, we are both going on a date, I would prefer to take part in it. I would feel awful if someone is paying for my meal.

Women do want equality. But not all women say "males should pay period". And the women who do that, don't want equality and are pieces of shit.

• Unless that woman is an escort and you've already agreed to something - NO. People can refuse to have sex with another person for whatever reason they like. Nothing makes you entitled to a woman's or mans body.

• nope. it's your choice how much you pay. only a bad person thinks that it should make the girl pay him back with sex.
    it not stands on the same lvl.
    if you think you can buy sex with an expensive date, then go for professional escorts 😂

• No! Nothing entitles a guy to get sex. You make it sound like he has a right to say he paid for an expensive date so he should get sex. Is that not close to offering her money directly, as you would a prostitute?

• Like most human misunderstandings, this can be avoided if the self absorbed "gentleman" stated his intentions clearly. How sad.

• Did you arrange it beforehand?

If not, then why would it?

My mom pays for my food a lot. Is she entitled to sex with me?

• Nothing should entitle a man to have sex... Entitlement is when he's f**king cooked food he is entitled to have some.. Sex is differemt

• Sure if you think that prostitution is okay because that's basically what that is.

• No and men know this.

• No just like flirting with a cop doesn't mean no ticket.

• No. Unless she's a sex worker, no amount of money entitles you to her body. Sorry.

• As a girl that would be satisfied if a date included only a walk in the park, I say No... you have no right over my body if you payed a dollar or thousands for a dinner you are not forced to have. I would feel like i owed you for an expencive date, but I would also make sure to be able to pay for my share or just if you bough us lets say pizza, im buying the icecream we'll get later... ya get me?

• The past tense of the verb ‘pay’ is ‘paid’.

• Lol thanks but the fact that I've been speaking it for 13 years fluently kinda makes me feel ashamed at small mistakes like this. Besides I learned how to speak then started writing the words based on how I remember them... like not knowing the letter but just how the word looks when written down. Tho thanks!

• ashamed of* (already getting better ahahah)

• Depends on the girl you're courting.

• Unless it goes into her pocket she ain't a prostitute. If you don't wanna pay split, if she don't wanna split get up and walk out and leave her with the bill.

• Nothing entitles anyone to sex ever.

• I can't believe this is a question 2017.

If you want to buy sex find a whore, because if you're dating and you seriously don't know the answer to this, you're going to end up charged with rape sooner or later.

• No fuck no

• I wouldn't even have sex with you the 78th date.

• @Leekenz

you are pretty and you have nice eyes. Don't let people like that guy make you feel otherwise.

• A little late for that

• Nothing gives anyone entitlement to anyones body no matter what

• no lol, if u want pussy that bad, buy a cat.

• Huh 1+1 is 3? No

• No. I'm not a prostitute.

• No that is not a good way to look at things that makes men think if they shower expensive things on girls its a panty dropper I mean that some peoples opinion but that shouldn't be the reason to give up the goods

• Why would it?

• No... lol no...

• It ain't pay to win so no!

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 73

• Yes, but only if the girl who you are with is a slut or a whore.

Understanding relationships by who paid for what and who owes who is not a very successful strategy if you want a good long term relationship.

• Nothing entitles anyone to sex. Not even in marriage are you entitled to sex, even though both spouses should consider each other's desires.

Expensive dates are pointless. A man or woman who flaunts their money in this way is a try hard, and try hards turn most people off unless they are gold diggers and only care about money/resources. The only time an expensive date is worth it is if you really want to enjoy yourself on that date and don't care about spending the money regardless of the outcome. Like spending 120 bucks for two tickets to a concert that is coming up and asking if she'd like to come along? Yeah, that is a pretty expensive date, especially if it is only like the 2nd or 3rd date, but if the show is coming up and you really want to go, want some company regardless if she is the one for you... why not?

• Definitely it does not entitle one to sex. If you say it does, you must have mistook your date for a prostitute and the dinner was the payment.

Any gifts given when expecting something in return are not gifts, but transactions. And both parties must agree on a transaction.

• If that's what guys expect when they pay for an expensive dinner, then they shouldn't. They will be disappointed.

• IF a woman expects a man to pay for her then I see know problem in him expecting her to have sex with him, after all that is a fair exchange. However I think that neither party should expect anything (women on the other hand seem to think that they should be allowed to have everything they want with out giving anything in return, mainly because men have allowed it for some unfathomable reason).

• If yes why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free? Right feminists? Really shot yourselves in the foot with the whole "we can be just like men too!" thing.

What with porn, hook-up culture, Tinder, MGTOW etc, the price of pussy has fallen through the floor. Forget lobster and steak, you're lucky to get some of my fries these days!

*In comes some old fossil trad con thinking this is still the 50's*

"Yea well... you'll never meet your wife/REAL woman that way!!!"

I know, thats the point... silly old coot! Marriage is for women, and men who are bored.

If no, same scenario applies. You women better get your shit together, because you're about to be replaced! Cook, clean, make more money something! Peace and quiet is worth more than you these days!

• Nothing entitles anyone to sex to me it kinda sounds rapey I mean to put it bluntly its sounds like "I paid for this $100+ dinner without asking now you have no choice but to let me smash" it doesn't sound right does it

• Well I would never EXPECT sex now after an expensive date, but I can see why some men do.
    When I was younger, new on the dating scene, I would spend lots on dates because that's the only way I could see of getting into girls pants... and it worked 😂 Men are conditioned into thinking that if you buy girls things, she will have sex with you.

As I grew up, I felt like I was paying for a prostitute if I did this, so I decided to spend less money on dates... However then, almost all the girls would say something along the lines of "If you don't spend a lot of money, you obviously don't think much about me, otherwise you would make more of an effort and spend more money".

So although I think it's terrible that some men fully believe that if they buy expensive champagne etc then the girl who open her legs, some women will very openly say that if the man spent more money then she would have slept with him, so women don't exactly help the situation.

• It doesn't.

• It doesn't but nothing is free in this world. Haven't we already learned that lesson from day 1

So while that isn't the case. It doesn't mean those men don't expect something in return. Which is why often times guys get mad when she rejects a kiss/hug for example

Csuse he feels entitled
    --> many girls donmt accept freebees becauss of this exact reason. It's up to her to not take anything. If she accepts. Then she has taken something from
    Someone

And in this world that means something is generally expected

• No, it's doesn't entitle you have sex with a man. But that means you can't get ticked off if we take you to Applebee's, or Chipotle, or Red Robin either. A date is a first impression, not just from a guy to a girl but the other way around. I will say a guy doesn't think straight with his head when it comes to a beautiful woman... but on the offset that he is.. the woman has to prove that she is willing to support and or take care of her self if need be... No free rides unless the guy deems she is worthy of it... That being said, I do believe the person that asks should be the one to pay...

And yes there are some brave women out there that know what they want and are true advocates to equality (true equality) that I admire and think are extremely sexy for that thought process... Women that had the mindset of one of the ladies up top that said the "... the male pays, period," that mindset is unattractive to me.

• Of course not !! If a man decides on an expensive first date , then he is a mug & asking to be used !! Keep a first encounter brief , simple & inexpensive , this keeps pressure off BOTH parties & either party can eject swiftly if they are not keen on the other.

• Props on the vote count, and can I get the names of the 7 women who voted yes? :)

Seriously, ladies, even if he flies you to Rome for a weekend, it doesn't entitle him to your body! What if you find out he's obnoxious in some way?

That said, all things being equal, it beats a trip to McD's.

• I'm so glad to hear that some men are smart and kind. The fact that men think women owe them sex is repulsive.

• @kaskas19 Wish there were more women like you out there, then.

It really amazes me how pissed women get - and then call the man a loser, etc - if the man says they want to share the cost of the first date.

It's sad, really.

• Same. Here.

I would love the share the bill. I usually ask if we can.

• No it doesn't.

That's why a man shouldn't pay for an expensive date unless she is already fucking him!

• i think honestly, it depends.

if he´s that kind of guy that goes up to a girl and invites her to the most expensive place in town, then no. it´s his decision to go there and impress her. that doesn´t entitle him to sex.

however if she´s that kind of girl that expects him to pay for her then i think it´s only fair if he expects her to spread her legs for him xD

• No however a really good blow job from a woman who can suck a golf ball through a garden hose then shoot the hot load right into her mouth helps out a lot after a really nice dinner for sure!!!

• A quarter of the males who responded said that they did think that they would be entitled to demand sex.
    I find their mentality to be disturbing, as both a man and as the father of a young woman.

• Of course not. The man paying for something like that should be seen as a gift of goodwill, not simply "doing his part". Women shouldn't see sex as obligation the man to pay for expensive things either, so it goes both ways.

• Hang on, how is that going both ways?

• "If a woman is having sex with him, that doesn't obligate the man to buy expensive things for her or take her to expensive places."

Of course not, if a man is having sex with a woman I don't see why she would feel obligated to take him to expensive places either; why should it? Do you think women get nothing from sex or something?

I still don't see how it works both ways..

• I am explicitly stating that I think it's a terrible mindset - I'm just acknowledging that it happens and people should avoid it.

• Is there any argument behind this question, no this Doesn't entitle you to anything, it isn't a slave trade

• I mean why not just sign up for pornhub premium membership? For that money you can see pussy in 1080p Full HD all 365 days long and hook up with other members. It's what I would do.

• Not unless both parties signed a legally binding contract to that effect beforehand.

• Shades of Affirmative Consent.

• @phantombandit For the record, Finland. But then this situation is resolved, as the man doesn't really end up paying anything as the woman either has sex with him, which was his goal, or she has to pay him back the money, meaning finacially speaking the man lost nothing except time. So I would say that getting that contract drafted and signed by both parties would be the smartest thing for the man to do in this hypothetical situation if he simply wanted to ensure that his money isn't wasted.

• Finland! nice.

• No it doesn't. If a guy expects that he should just hire a prostitute.

• Never! I cannot stress this enough, you never have the right to do anything to someone without their consent, it's your fault if you spent lots of money on someone and expected something in return, the other person has rights, and feelings, they are not something you can buy, treat them like a human being, because they are one.

• Nope. Nothing really entitles anyone to anything. I consider expensive dates for the fourth or fifth one when we are more likely to consider a relationship.

• LOL no

• It just shows that they have money. What? Nothing entitles men to sex except getting down on their knees and pulling out a ring.

• Yes, it does

• Nope. We are never entitled to sex just because.

• Not entitled to sex, but he does deserve some kind of sign that he's more than just a means to a free ride in first class. That she is contributing more than just her presence to the relationship.

On the other hand, if she really is just milking his wallet, he deserves to know that so he can decide for himself if he's ok with being nothing more than a sugar daddy or if he's better off cutting his losses and moving on with the knowledge that he dodged a bullet.

• No. To add, a girl dating a man doesn't entitle her to his wallet. Besides, why pay for expensive dates when a man can pay a hooker where sex is guaranteed?

• More from Guys
    43