Does anyone know anyone who lied about being sexually assaulted?

I've met plenty of people who never told anyone they were sexually assaulted but I've never met anyone who said they made it up. Of course, I'm a guy so the chances I would get that kind of confession are slim but just asking everyone--have you ever actually met someone that told you or that you knew for sure was lying about being sexually assaulted?

Does anyone know anyone who lied about being sexual assaulted?

1314

What Girls Said 13

• I don't know anyone who's said they were making it up. I know people who have been assaulted but they stand by the accusation and say that it really happened.

• Plenty. I know a girl who had her father and mother locked up for 8 months for saying they sexually assaulted her as a child.
    Trial found them not guilty. The girl's motive? She wanted her mother's house.

• I know it probably happens, but I've never known anyone personally who lied about it.
    I do know many, many, far too many victims, men and women, who have yet to try to press charges on their abusers though.

• Yes I know people who have lied

• wow, why

• So it pisses me off when people claim but then later are like well, he never actually touched me.

• But I've known many people and usually the motive was because the break up was bad and they hated the guy now

• Yeah, my sister.

• Their relationship ended because she was a a bad person, so to deflect she made him out to be an awful person.

I told everyone it wasn't true, they believed me over her and he went on to ironically become a cop.

• I had a friend back in high school who would regularly go out to parties, get trashed, and hookup with whatever guy she could. Next day she'd always say it wasn't her fault, he forced himself on her. But she never did it to get the guy in trouble, she was trying to justify herself cheating in her boyfriend at the time. So yeah.

• No. That's a really shitty thing to do

• I knew a girl who accussed her step father of some things so that she could go live with her biological dad. She admitted to several close people years later that he didn't really do it but she didn't know how to fix it now because she would be seen as a horrible person. Unfortunately her stepdad spent years in prison for it because.

• wow well i guess i understand the motive at least even though its unforgivable

• No I haven't

• It is no joking manner so why should someone make it up?

• I hear about the rare case in the news from time to time but have never met someone in person who has or would admit to doing such a terrible thing.

• Not that I know of. But I know a lot of people who were told by family members to be quiet, not rock the boat, and made to suffer years more of abuse because the "trustworthy" people around them turned on them.

• Yes I do personally and there is a user on here who claims to have been raped but is clearly lying. A real rape victim wouldn't brag about it

What Guys Said 14

• I know 3 guys that had bullshit accusations thrown at them. One I was hanging out with at the time it supposedly happened.

• Elizabeth Coast

Bit of a local horror story. Girl was 14 and lied about it. Got an innocent guy put in prison till she confessed in her 20s.

• Almost 50% of all sexual assault cases from 1997-2011 were found to be falsely reported. So the answer is yes.

• Every woman has her sexual assault story. 90% of them are pure fabrication. So if you know more than one woman, then you definitely know someone who has lied about being sexually assaulted.

• I had a girl claimed that I raped her at the party. Problem was 10 people testified we were never in the same room where I sexually assaulted her. Did the rape test and DNA did not match mine. Sued her ass for defamation and won.

• Its always hard to say because its mostly based on rumours and biases when legal action isn't taken. Once someone i knew was accused by his ex girlfriend, so two of her male friends beat him up in a bathroom and shaved parts of his hair off. Later she admitted she lied because he broke up with her, but only months later after he was branded a rapist by his peers.

• There needs to be proof that there has been a sexual assault, it's only fair for both sides instead of automatically believe the female side.

• yeah i agree, and i think its good it forces the woman to go to authorities immediately instead of years later when the accusation comes at a time of importance for the guy thereby coming off as motivated by the wrong reasons

• Actually yes I do know someone who lied about it. It's fucked up.

• I never asked in fact I never talked to her again because if she did it once she might do that shit again. Fuck that. Even if I'm found not guilty that shit shows up on a record.

• nope

• Who would admit to slandering someone in such a manner?

• I had an ex girlfriend that lied about her foster father raped her the guy went to jail but was ultimately let free.

• I personally know of a case where a number of guys were accused and convicted of rape, although they didn't rape their accusers, they simply treated them very rudely while having consensual sex (which is definitely not OK, but isn't a crime).

• Yep.

I was the accused, and it took 18 months to fight it in court and cost me tens of thousands of dollars to prove my innocence.

• did you counter sue?

• No point, she was under 18, neither her or parents had any money anyway, and I just wanted it over and out of my life.

• Several. Including my own little sister and a couple of my cousins, who openly admitted that they made the whole things up and laughed with each other about wrecking the respective boys' life prospects with their false sexual assault claims, in a private girls' chat with each other at a family get-together (which I eavesdropped in on). You wouldn't believe how commonplace it is, nowadays, or how trivial and petty the girls' justification for making those false rape claims are (for instance, for my little sister, it was merely failing to pick the more expensive of the two items of clothing which she was asking the guy to choose between and buy for her). Girls are all evil conniving bitches, filled with nothing but deceit and spite...