1 y

Guys, What's more effective ghosting or an explanation (heartfelt explanation) before walking away from someone your dating?

I am in love with the guy I am dating but have decided that what's best for me is to walk away from him (Bc my emotions are intereferring with my day to day life and the thought of never having him the way I want literally puts me In a depressed state of mind). I came to this conclusion due to his confusion of not knowing what he wants and his lack of communication. I know he has feelings for me but I believe he is scared Bc it hasn't even been a year that he had been divorced from his wife of 13 years. I know he believes that I'm here to stay and I'm not going anywhere. I have been insecure, and needy/clingy as this is the first time I have truly fallen for someone and it's scary. (My fault for letting my guard down while dating) Anytime we have bickered or had small confrontations he runs to online dating. After a while of us getting back to normal they come down. I still care for him and understand his wants and needs to not commit to anything and see what's out there. My question is how do I handle letting him go? I know he will be blind sided to my decision Bc like I said before he believes I'm here to stay. I need him to understand that I love him but will no longer sell myself short of what I want and deserve. Sorry this is so long and mushy but I'm literally torn.. and yes I do understand that being married as long as he had he doesn't need to rush into anything and date around which is part of why I am making this decision I didn't plan to fall in love with him but his soul is special. Also he doesn't know I'm aware of his online dating profiles but like clockwork when something bad happens with us they are activated and when things smooth over he deactivated them.
2