Do you believe that joning dating sites can help me find my match? Or a possible serious relationship, perhaps?

920

What Guys Said 20

• Nope
    Most likely not

The way dating sites were half a decade ago and how they are now is totally different.

Your only option is paid dating services. Because free dating sites are not dating sites but hookup sites.
    As long as you are looking for relationships, it highly likely to not help.

• Nah they don’t work. Well at least the free ones don’t. I think those sites like match or Christian mingle or black people meet can work because you’re actually putting money in which reduces the possibility of catfishes i think... but then again... most times I think they still don’t work. I deleted my dating apps all accept tinder because I’ll do that when I’m bored lol. It’s better to find someone in person.

• Honestly I would say nope. Mostly because there are people such as myself who are just looking for a hook up but there are those who are really looking for someone. So you're looking at the odds of texting 50 perverts before meeting an honest guy. There is a chance though.

• in many aspects of life, i believe in the Sliding Doors' concept, ie;

Right place at the right time or wrong place at the wrong time...

How this relates to dating is you can find mr/mrs right anywhere. whether it be in real life or on the net. all about the stars alligning

• It's physically possible... is it likely? Eh not so much.

• I'd advise someone to make that your last option. Too many people who aren't serious or aren't real potential matches for you. If you decide to do it, shop around and find the one (s) that are most likely to fit your needs.

• There's no reason it can't. I met my partner through a dating site and we've been together for over two years so far and live together

• Yes, it will if, one tries hard. It's not like one would be loosing something there.

• As long as you are true in what you write, mostly yes. Take your time, do not rush. I met my ex and my wife on dating sites.

Careful, tinder-like apps are not dating apps, people on it mostly just want sex. Stay on more serious websites

• Do you know any dating site apps that's safe and real? I'm already 35, and I would like to join and try.

• It seems like filipinocupid is for you, search on Google I cannot post links here. Anyway if you want to talk more, you can install the app called Kik, and add me : mourf. It will be easier to talk

• You can, but you will have to sift through a lot of losers to find the good ones.

• Its possible, I met the lady im seeing that way.
    Make sure that you use a site where people list what they're looking for. For instance, I only messaged women whose profile stated they were looking for long term relationships.

• Luck for you 😉

• Yes you're right

• It is what it is. Just focus on the bright side, and be safe.

• As from my experience, no. Beside I'm told I'm better in person and I tend not to lie online, also be modest didn't help my cause.

• Yes. Some apps are more hookup oriented, some more dating oriented, look for the latter.

• No great way to find creeps

• most of the people, on dating sites, are mostly looking for hookups and casual sex. but you can try your luck

• All I'll say I'd the old saying, "anythings possible", but probable no.

• Maybe, it just depends

• here what i found on dating sites: hokkers and porn stars

• The chances to get your soulmate on dating sites are slim. However, you may opt for professional match making services.

• Yeah there lot of people with same problem like u so it is possible

What Girls Said 9

• I think it's best to meet at church. Or, in a grocery store. But, yes, good dating sites like match. com or any site that asks questions about your personality types. To match you with someone good. Would be the best way. Don't go to stupid sites that go off of looks only.

• Yeah there’s definitely a chance your putting yourself out there on a site where half of those people are looking for the same thing.

• maybe

• When I was 18-19 (it was almost 20 years ago), I tried a dating site. Well, it was a corresponding advertisement, because at that time there was no internet. It didn't work for me. I had to fill a form about myself and about the guy I wanted. My gosh, they send a guy to me who looked horrible!!! My friend tried it too, it didn't work for him either.

• Yeah dating sites can be useful. They at the very least open up your pool of potential partners. Once you're out of your 20s and not in school and going out all the time it's much harder to meet new people in for everyday life.

• It’s worth a shot. You can get to know someone rather than not.

• I have been on the sites ! a lot of men just want sex and pictures ! But I did finally met a guy and have been seeing him for over a yr now !

• Maybe

• It has helped some people find their matches, but I tend to believe that's not very common.