How would you feel if your boyfriend or girlfriend broke up with you because you deserve better?

Let's say your bf/gf kept doing you wrong. You both love each other but they know you deserve better so they break up with you so you can find someone better.

We broke up
I broke up with him

1429

What Guys Said 29

• Assume she was probably seeing someone behind my back

• He did cheat on me. But he was sorry and it was a couple months ago

• It's kind of shitty when someone makes decisions like that on your behalf without giving you the ability to make up your own mind. It's also somewhat cowardly because rather than say "I want to work at this and be better for you" it is saying "You know what, I'm always going to fuck you over and can't be bothered to do anything about it. So if I just say I'm a bad person and fold the relationship like some kind of martyr then I don't actually have to put in any effort to change".

• It’s a flat out lie. They want out for whatever reason and instead of just saying so they come up with this bullshit excuse

• My past relationship...
    She did warn me a llot many times that we should not be together, i deserve better... we ended up bad!

• It’s not completely bad at all... if they feel they can’t shape up then ship out

• Sorry if there is any pain hopefully you get a start of a new and better life

• If a girl cheated on me i would move on and hope she would find someone whose compatible for her... I would think i wasn't compatible
    for her or she just didn't love me anymore.

• I would have done myself the favor and get rid of them. I will not tolerate anyone to treat me like trash.

• Most people would look at it as a negative I would look at it as a positive I would say thank you for being honest thank you for showing me who you are both ways.. And thank you for telling me our future because basically he's telling you that he's not the person you think he is and that he's always going to keep messing up so now it's on you you no it's your choice he put it in your hands

• I would not want them to break up with me in the first place.

• Usually there is someone else in their life but if you do have someone who isn't ready yet they just might be looking out for your best interest.

• i would view it as a lame excuse because they lack the courage to express the real reason (s)

• I would say bullshit

• if they say that their or just scared for the relationship they think that i will fall apart sooner or later and they are scared for that

• He told me he feels that way.

• Should I say I really care about you

• only use the word care if you realy care. You have to show that you care other wise it will make it worse.

• I would think she doesn't love me anymore and she wants to get rid of me to hook up with another one. Leaving someone you love is NOT a loving act.

• I would probably die...

• Sounds like something you say so you don't come off as an ass.

• They are probably right... they aren't good enough.

• I think he is good enough. But he has problems being faithful

• A problem with being faithful isn't good enough. Cheating is not good. be careful with your heart.

• If I wasn't doing them right then I don't deserve them

• That would be when I walked away

• 'You know you deserve better' 'they break up with you so you can find someone better' ... where's the problem here? Sounds like a win-win.

• Pretty dumb because who are they to decide for me what I deserve.

• If they were "doing me wrong"... well that would be the right thing to do.

• She never loved you in the first place, if you love someone you try to make it work obviously she has someone else.

• I wouldn’t break up because of the feelings are there then why throw them away

• That's usually a line

• U broke up m?

• If feel sad

• say do what you want

• I'll move on

• Sorry to hear that

What Girls Said 14

• I'd feel like it was crap, if they think that much of me they'd want to be with me.
    It's just feeding you a line, i wouldn't believe a word of it.

• i'd say thanks and move on.

• It doesn't make sense. If you love someone so much then it can't be that hard to like, improve and better yourself? Surely it's possible to change and make changes if you know you are fucking up.

• I would be nice if humans were that way but we are not, we are selfish and there is usually another motive. You have ghosting, very cowardly way of avoiding actual emotions. Slowly ghosting, then the pompous prick that lies. Only a very extraordinary human does that and that person tends to be a keeper.

• Very angry. That's a bullshit reason, in my opinion.

• I would leave them before that

• I would I would minimize what they did to stay with them.
    It is not wise at all though.

• Well I defiantly do not want my one to be do that but I see no love if he did do that so but my heart will be broken but I will be happy because I do want my man to treat me as I treat him etc

• They love you enough to set you free and know they have a problem that they can't control. (Whatever it was that was hurting you)

• Well if they have been cheating or been nasty to me, I would understand. I would find someone better. Someone who truly loves me wouldn't hurt me behind my back and the fact that he's saying that would raise my suspicions.

• It happened with me. He cheated.

• Uggh. I hate those kind of people that always put the fault on themselves.

• i would be so angry o. o

• I also said it to a boy once.
    I was too busy with school and he was turning 18.
    He could better look for someone more his age with more time for him.