Guys: Do you like girls who are "elegant" and "dignified"?

I had a friend say the other day that she thought I was naturally very "elegant" and "dignified" (and several other friends agreed with her). This kind of threw me off because I consider myself a friendly person, but being called "dignified" makes me sound like a super-serious ice queen. I am a very calm person (which is probably why she called me that), and I tend to be cordial even to people I don't like, but I do have a sense of humor. Is it a turnoff if a girl isn't super-bubbly and "turned up", but is still otherwise friendly?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• No, like with anything it depends. In this case what kind of guys you want to attract. Being serious all of the time can be a turn off and I have learned that personally. I can be serious at work and carefree with friend and family. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to be carefree or it's not a conversation that I feel should be joked about unless with the right friends. I can be serious about politics and I can joke about it. I just have to know which one to be. I question myself is it okay to joke around these people I just met, I find myself to be more polite and serious so I don't offend them with my dark jokes and sarcasm.

And I personally think bubbly girls freak me out. I find it an obvious facade or they are truly happy and oblivious to the world. Well there are many more possibilities, I just think that they are just being dishonest by being happy or sounding happy all of the time and makes me question what they are really like alone.

As far as turning up or being turnt, it's meh, not my crowd. And although they are having fun and smiling. It's not something I enjoy as much or as frequent as they do. And if you don't enjoy drinking or doing drugs that's fine. I don't always drink because I know it's not good for me and it's expensive outside, and I would only drink for special occasions.

And I prefer someone calm and cordial with some dark humor and sarcasm. And bonus if they are able to switch being serious and carefree and being able to read the atmosphere is quite a good skill.

Well that's just my opinion.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE