IS IT WEIRD IF A GIRL BUYS A GUY A PROMISE RING?

I’ve known this guy for 5 years, and we are so close. I’m 17, and he’s 19. Is it weird If I get him a promise ring? I’m not sure, but I have really really strong feelings for him. The only problem is that we have never met. Please be brutally honest with me.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a religious person. So would say yes it's weird and promises like these are usually extremely hard... This is what I assume to be the sex after marriage thing. Most people have sex before, although it is seen as impure or dirty... On the flip side their better at sex and can have a more enjoyable time. I think if you wait longer you become for sensitive to trying to have sex. If that's makes sense, so it's hard to resist in this day and age.

Unless you two are literally on the same page and same religious beliefs then it may not be as risky as I may think.

• What u meant to say is they are less nervous about having sex and may be more informed about using condoms and proper protection compared to others that never had the experience or education of sex and health.

• Yeah... That's a big promise upon yourself to bare. As cliche as this sounds, people change over time and especially when you never met this person physically. And are you going to college or something that will take up a lot of your time because you are... Graduating soon? Maybe.

Anyways... I think it's a long shot. But if you feel like it then go for it. Who's to stop your happiness? Whatever happens happens. I wish you good luck.

• I have no idea. I’m still like freaking out about it. I just want it to be perfect if I do. Thank you for taking the time to help me figure this out.