My rich boyfriend and who should pay for the dinner?

I'm 24 broke girl, currently living with my parents, working so in the future I can turn my biggest passion and hoby into a decent paid job. My boyfriend is older than me and very well off. It's a long distance relationship that started 3 months ago. We saw each other 3 times, everytime he would come to my town. He invites me all the time to come to his town or to follow him when he travels, promising that he would take care of everything, but I never go. If I can't afford a plane ticket, I'm not going. Not only that, but it really makes me act very passive regarding our meetings, simply because I can't afford to go anywhere. He seemes to understand, so he always says "I will come to you, just say when you're free". I really don't expect my partner to pay anything for me, but this man is rich, he knows I'm broke, he always promises to take care of everything. So I was really surprised that last time he came to my town (again, I didn't invite him simply because I can't afford to pay anything right now; he initiated it) he didn't even try to grab his wallet. I paid for dinner, I paid the taxi from airport and back to the airport. He was just chilling. I spent all that I had. I din't say anything, because of course it's not his duty to pay, but how can you invite yourself and then just let me pay for all? I'm really confused.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... he DID pay for his plane ticket, so dinner and uber isn't too much to expect really. I'm certain if you took him up on his offer and you paid for a plane ticket to his place, he would cover everything while you are there too.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should always try to pay for your own weight. He should pay for his own