Asking a girl out at a small Church?

She's a few years younger than I am (21) and the younger sister to a couple at church that are my age. I am closer to them than her so I don't want to do anything that would shake our friendships. We also go to a small church to everyone will be thinking marriage the minute they think we are a couple.

I just want to get to know her, not asking her to be my girlfriend yet. We've done a few group setting things but she doesn't know I like her. I don't know how to best go about getting to know her without jeopardizing friendships if it doesn't work out... Thoughts?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• how old is she?

• she is 21 and im 24. Her older sister is 24 and Im good friends with her husband.

• Sure, I could totally do that, and maybe that wouldn't be that big of a deal. It's just that I am close to her older sister/sisters husband and the fact that we are in a small community, more like a family, I am uncertain about how forward I should be in case it doesn't work out. I dont want to ruin friendships/cause drama at church..

• as long as you aren't an asshole there shouldn't be any drama

Most Helpful Guy

• What would happen if you asked the couple about their sister?

• Oops, not theirs... that would be weird^^ hmm... correct word? Whatever, I think you know what I mean.

• Don't ask for permission but rather details about her, then they'll figure out you're interested and will react accordingly. Or be blunt and ask if she is single, then it's obvious.

• I do know that she is single. I guess I could ask them about her and be clear that I am unsure where I am at about it but want to get to know her see their thoughts.. I just would hate for this all to go poorly and mess up friendships/cause drama in our small congregation. Puts so much pressure around this...