Asking a girl out at a small Church?

She's a few years younger than I am (21) and the younger sister to a couple at church that are my age. I am closer to them than her so I don't want to do anything that would shake our friendships. We also go to a small church to everyone will be thinking marriage the minute they think we are a couple.

I just want to get to know her, not asking her to be my girlfriend yet. We've done a few group setting things but she doesn't know I like her. I don't know how to best go about getting to know her without jeopardizing friendships if it doesn't work out... Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• how old is she?

0|0
    0|0
    • she is 21 and im 24. Her older sister is 24 and Im good friends with her husband.

• Show All
    • Sure, I could totally do that, and maybe that wouldn't be that big of a deal. It's just that I am close to her older sister/sisters husband and the fact that we are in a small community, more like a family, I am uncertain about how forward I should be in case it doesn't work out. I dont want to ruin friendships/cause drama at church..

• as long as you aren't an asshole there shouldn't be any drama

Most Helpful Guy

• What would happen if you asked the couple about their sister?

0|0
    0|0
    • Oops, not theirs... that would be weird^^ hmm... correct word? Whatever, I think you know what I mean.

• Show All
    • Don't ask for permission but rather details about her, then they'll figure out you're interested and will react accordingly. Or be blunt and ask if she is single, then it's obvious.

• I do know that she is single. I guess I could ask them about her and be clear that I am unsure where I am at about it but want to get to know her see their thoughts.. I just would hate for this all to go poorly and mess up friendships/cause drama in our small congregation. Puts so much pressure around this...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• Didn't you post this same question yesterday?

0|0
    0|0
    • I rephrased it with some more details and only got a few people to answer it. sorry..

• Show All
    • Yeah, I guess I could do that...

• If she accepts your invitation, it is a good sign that she is interested. You need to have a talk with her suggesting that you try dating but agree that if either of you becomes uncomfortable, you will stop without engaging in any acrimonious breakup shenanigans. She probably has the same desires and same concerns.

If this works out, you can name your first son OlderAndWiser! :) :) :)

• You can always go to another church

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not really that familiar with the whole church environment for dating. anyways I don't see anything wrong with getting to know her at this time and seeing where it goes. I agree its way to early to be thinking about marriage at this point

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes