Why does being happy scare me?

I know it sounds weird but I've always avoided getting serious with a guy just because I feel uncomfortable with my emotions. When it comes to being a victim, crying, being angry at people, I've always felt good. I know I might sound crazy or whatever but right now I'm kinda dating someone and it's my first time being serious with a boy and the thought of losing my virginity to him, building something serious and falling in love scares the sh*t out of me. I'm in college and I should graduate but all this situation distracts me from what I have to do, and I'm scared I'll never be able to focus on my studies because of this. Anyway, yep. I'm scared that I'll be let down, I don't know.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Happiness is a mindset, happiness is a choice, you can choose to be happy even in the darkest of circumstances

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Its easy to just say be happy or something. But truth is sometimes it is more complex than that if youj really like this guy. Take it slow just say you're a bit nervous about getting serious and youd like to take your time. When you get to know eachother a bit more and you are comfortable just let things progress as they will. It will get easier to be happy. Also consider seeing a therapist and maybe consider medication if you feel it would help you.

0|0
    0|0
  • This applies in so many ways to my being afraid of success. It means I have someone else's trust that my success will continue that I will be a person to depend on.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes