What drives you more in wanting to date: short term sexual gratification, a long term relationship, or something else?

• Mostly I date to satisfy my sexual drive
    Vote A
  • Both sex and relationship are equally important
    Vote B
  • Mostly I date to satisfy my need for a relationship with another person
    Vote C
  • Social status or social pressure is my main reason
    Vote D
  • Something else (explain)
    Vote E
  • I don't date
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• there are long term goals and short term goals. short term i want sex and physical closenes. long term i want a relationship with emotional depth but since you can't have that right away, it's more efficient to just try and fullfill the short term goals first and hope it evolves into all the rest xD

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Couldn't care less about the sex part, like yes, i eventually want it and do yearn for it but honestly i just need a companion, a best friend, a safe haven.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• It's definitely about (hopefully) developing a long term relationship, which is much more gratifying.

1|0
    0|0
  • Right now it's mostly about sex, yeah.

1|0
    1|0
  • It comes down to imagining if I can spend the rest of my life with this person and have or raise a family with them as well. That’s the whole point of dating and relationships in my opinion, otherwise, what’s the point? I don’t believe in short term relationships or relationships without any intention of marriage or having children. Sooner or later, the relationship will HAVE to evolve and progress.

1|2
    0|0
  • I would like and welcome a long term relationship. But, in the meantime, if her needs & my own needs are being met then there's no problem with having some sex sessions. The only benefits are multiple orgasms.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm only interested in the long term, and I've been, ah, I guess you can say abstinent this whole time, though I don't really see it that way, more just that the thought of meaningless sex is a turn off. I'm not looking to have kids either, for me it's the relationship that matters.

2|1
    0|0
  • Would like to be in a relationship. Unfortunately being a single father, finishing my degrees at Eastern Washington University, working 2 jobs, oh and the fact that I am ugly (been told more than once), it's just not in the cards for me. I focus on my 4 year old son and giving him all he needs.

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually want to feel loved and cared for by another person, which is why I prefer long term. But that's all just fucking dreams. No one would actually love me and care for me, everyone I know isn't capable of either.

So I go short term and fuck everybody.

1|0
    0|0
  • A need to be held and to hold, to talk to and be with someone, to have that feeling of just relaxing with someone else and the both of us helping each other through thick and thin while being there for our good times.

2|1
    0|0
  • not really interested in long term stuff right now, so i'm looking for people who want to fuck ;)

1|0
    0|0
    • Would you fuck the same person for a while if you got along okay?

• Show All
    • Sigh. It would be great to have an open, honest friendship that included sex. Even my marriage wasn't like that.

• eek. yeah, in my experience our relationships tend to actually get in the way of having an open, honest relationship.

we learn all these bad habits, hold onto conversations from years back subconciously and overthink things because we love the person and "that means x"

• I prioritize a long term relationship with someone I have feelings for, sex comes with it and allows both parties to express those emotional desires for each other

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm looking for a long term relationship. Would like to care and be cared for. But in the mean time , I wouldn't say no to short term or just sex. But I'm not really getting anything. Social anxiety cam get in the way, or women don't know what the want (in my experiences).

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose B. I want a relationship that where I can have a good conversation with a gal. If not, I'd get bored. There's a difference between comfortable and being bored in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I get into relationships for a sense of companionship, i like to feel like im not going through life alone and that someone else understands me enough to see the good in me.

2|0
    0|0
  • i have never had a desire to date. only seek out female company. both sexually and in friendships. in both cases, i am honest in my intents

2|0
    0|0
    • whats the difference to you between dating and friendship/sex?

:)

• Show All
    • i guess we see dating differently. i see it as friendship with attraction. but then can love friends.

• @Analinda1999 I think so. Love comes after. If I date, it means that I am committed to being with that woman and no others. It is why i have always avoided it for I am happy being alone and just have sex or be friends with women

• I do it to satisfy my need for non-sexual, physical affection.

1|0
    0|0
  • Until I was about 30 I tried to date because I wanted that one special girl to love and make my wife.
    Then I gave up.
    If there were good women out there, I did not meet them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex first. Then relationship consideration. That simple.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want a long term relationship, and marriage before sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm looking for relationship with possibility of marriage with kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Long term relationship but it isn't socially acceptable for girls to like me or to want to date me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Ok. But I still don't get how it wouldn't be socially acceptable for a girl to like you.

You'll find the right person eventually.

• @Dark_Sunflower It would be social suicide for them

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• i guess the thought of feeling so close to another person. physically, mentally. i feel quite distant from people lately.

1|0
    0|0
  • Long term :)

1|1
    0|0
  • It's for the long term, to start something we both felt we never really had but want our future kids to have. It's a want to settle down and have our own family together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends what I'm currently looking for. Right now I'm enjoying the single life and I date for fun, not in order to find a relationship.

1|0
    1|1
  • I'm into lifetime relationship with one person. Such marriages are very common in my country, too.

2|1
    0|0
  • I date to satisfy my need for a relationship with another person

1|0
    0|0
  • Relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • sex only thanks

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes