Fell In love with a guy, now he will not talk to me. Any Ideas why?

When I started University, I met an RA at my dorm. We started hanging out and became good friends, we also flirt a lot and have very good strong chemistry. I know we are not allowed to date until he graduates (So next year) but i still feel very strongly for him.

He gave me strong signs that he really likes me and I have a strong feeling he does. I believe he is relatively inexperienced at dating because at times he seems kind of awkward and shy. We have never done anything beyond flirtatious touching, however all of a sudden he started ignoring me. For the past week he will not look at me, or talk to me. He seems to be avoiding the places that I go, where I used to see him. I feel so hurt and I don't have any explanation for why he is treating me like this. Last time we hung out it was just great and we had such a fun special time.

It is kind of scary how much I grew to like this guy over 3 months. I have never cared about someone so much before and now he will not talk to me. Any Ideas as to why someone might do this?

01