Did I do the right thing?

A male friend of mine who has a girlfriend tried to come on to me. I've always had feelings for him, and he used to have feelings for me.

I told him that I wouldn't lower myself or another woman by being "the other woman." But I said that nobody is owed a relationship with anyone, and if he broke up with her, I would be willing to date him.

Should I have just said "no," unequivocally? Was what I said morally wrong?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Speaking your feelings is never wrong, but you must realize your friend may not like you very much after this went down and the fact he's willing to cheat is a major red flag. He's chasing thrills

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well, he used to be crazy about me, but I was in a relationship, so he got into a relationship during that time. But I broke up with my ex recently.