What do you think about age gaps in relationships?

Is a 18yr old guy too young for a 30 yr old woman?What do you think about age gaps in relationships??
  • Good idea
    Vote A
  • Bad idea
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends a bit on where those people are in life. Like the gap between a 14 & 24 year old is very unsavory since they're at very different places in life (middle school and college) however once you're older and out of college and stuff it's less weird to say, be 30 and dating someone who's 40.

So yes an 18 and 30 year old is real bad. If you're implying someone who's 30 is hitting on you think long and hard about why they can't find anyone around their own age

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually its the other way, although Im in Uni, I've got a good solid life plan and I am on a road of success, abd I want ti date someone whos already sorted out their life and is better than me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Age is just one those things that makes sense on paper, but like many requirements and dealbreakers, they can go out the window if everything seems to click in place. People become surprised all the time by what they are attracted to in the moment. A woman might say that she would never date a guy who has never been married, but falls in love again with a lifelong bachelor and this time it works out. A guy might say that he refuses to date a single mother, but falls head over heels with a mother of two who handles her business well and treats him like a king.

Never say never I always say. (Unless of course laws are being broken.)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• As long as both people are consenting adults, I don't think it's a problem. Some age gap relationships may not work out if both people are in separate stages of life but this is why it depends on the person. Even if there's an age gap, if both people are in similar life stages and have things in common, then it can still work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly think it depends on the person/situation.
    To me, I'd rather be with someone who is closer in age to me. I feel like that's who I have the most in common with and that I am at a similar point in my life.
    However, someone else may be attracted to someone who is older or younger than them. That may be who you click with and have the most in common with.
    As long as you both feel the same way and it's a safe and legal relationship, you should date who you want to date.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't think any 18 year old should date a 30 year old. 18 years old is a stage of development. Drastic changes occur during the ages 13 to 19. I understand if a 21 year old dated a 30 year old but an 18 year old is barely out of high school and still undergoing major developments physically and mentally.
    I know when i was 18 i was still immature and unsure of myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's how it was with my parents, they are twelve years apart, I don't see too much wrong with it, the younger one just needs to be mature for their age for it to work out

0|0
    0|0
  • The barometer isn't the age difference, it's the chemistry between the people. If you have it and are on the same level of intelligence, maturity etc, go for it. If you aren't, don't force it. Wdyt?

1|0
    0|0
  • My parents have an 11 year age difference which is not as significant as lets say twenty years or something, and theyve been together for 23 years now.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can work, but it doesn't always happen. Depends on both sides and how willing you are to make it worth it

0|1
    0|0
  • In my opinion yes but I really think anything more than 5 years difference (in general) is to much.

1|0
    0|0
  • What matters is that you're compatible as people and like each other! Regardless of age!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not too big like i always say 5 years up or 3 down.. Maybe 6 up pushing it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say go for it if you want too, but personally I think its a bad idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't date someone younger than me, and I couldn't date someone way older than me

0|0
    0|0
    • At your age I can understand not wanting to date anyone younger. But Im pretty mature for my age and so I want to date someone whos a bit older than me.

• I am dating 16 year old guys and age gap are great depends on person you like.

0|0
    1|0
  • What would they even have in common?

1|0
    3|2
    • They would have lots in common. They could like the same shows, music, food, clothes etc.

• Show All
    • How little faith you have in happiness is actually really sad. I'd hate to be as miserable as you.

• @Kitten967 give it a few years. You will be even more miserable.

• As long as they are both legal it's fine.

1|3
    1|0
    • Yea for sex, but everything else will just not match

• Show All
    • To be specific, personality can match and you can get along, but in terms and priorities and needs, it's completly another thing. I've seen it happen and done it myself, a 20 something year old is not at all in the same place as a 30 year old whose got his life on track.

• Some 20 year olds are. I'm in the same place and have my life just as much on track as my fiance whose 10 years older than me. Some people are on the same page regardless of age.

• As long as it’s legal.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as maturity matters

0|0
    0|0
  • Age doesn't matter when two people are in love

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m date a girl who 13 years younger then me. I am 38.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea. Though it seems to work for that guy from Kick Ass.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• They are to immature if they do that I’d think they only care about one thing. Hmm.. I wonder what that could be.. I bet it’s sex.. No surprise right. People your age I think you can relate with more, and are looking for a more serious relationship. But by all means if that’s your thing, then go for it. But I don’t think it will last long. Who knows maybe it will you don’t know I guess unless you try.

0|0
    0|0
  • After you are an adult it doesn't matter too much it is more how well you mesh together. I've seen couples that are the same age group - give or take five years that broke apart and I've known couples that are at least ten year age difference and they have been together for a long time

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much a murky subject morally but since you only ask for opinions in your question, I say three years should be the oldest/youngest apart your partner should be from you. Otherwise whatever floats your boat (unless you are into toddlers or geriatrics who have lossed their minds completely).

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, I feel like if they are of legal age, then they should be able to get with whoever they want. It isn't anyone else's business what 2 consenting adults do. I'm 18 and wish I could be with a 25+ woman.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have been the younger guy in a relationship like this in fact it lasted 9 years but we went our separate ways after because she was to emotially insecure. No I'm the one that is 10 years older in my current relationship and we have a good relationship we both come from bad relationships in our pass but we are in love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not really against big age gaps, I just think that they will not always work, but people won't know unless they try.

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as everyone is a consenting adult, and they're all happy, what's the problem?

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on what people like. When your 18 you can date anyone who is older without worrying about age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its weird. It would be like dating a teacher from school.

0|0
    0|0
    • Your teachers were only 10yrs older?

• All of mine were in their 50s+

• In middle school they seem old, but one female teacher was 27 and the other 24 when I was 14. In high school I'm not sure how old she was but she looked well under 30. I passed by her photo in my high school year book and am thinking WOW! She was an absolute babe, LOL!!! Of course I'm 35 now heh!

• I see nothing wrong with a 18 year old guy and 30 year old woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't give a shit. It's normal. There's no "good idea" or "bad idea" part of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • as long both are legal and on the same page i have no care

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you don't add a "W" in front of that, I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • age is just a number but that is a little bit to old

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter as long as their happy with each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Plus or minus 15% of your age is OK.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that guy would be too young.