Any of you here decided to remain single for the rest of your life?

I'm a 19-year old female and I don't ever want to be in any romantic relationship & have completely lost interest in men. I have never been in a relationship & it feels comfortable to be single. I feel like it's impossible to find someone who understands me or I'm slightly compatible with. Is it an introvert thing? I might consider adoption in the future if I really start to want kids.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don’t think that anyone “decided to remain single” but rather circumstances and personal preferences determine that. Everyone today has learned to be extremely selfish and a relationship requires giving and acts of selflessness to achieve longevity. I think that a survivor of today learns to be completely mentally independent and impervious to solitude and isolation and learns to embrace it because any emotional dependence on another is almost certain catastrophe lurking. So I plan to always be alone and when some girlfriend comes along I will stay with her awhile knowing and expecting full well that she will move on. That way I never build up expectations and I discourage her from any also. The thing is, that I have become so accustomed to being on my own and doing anything I want when I want that if I prefer a hike in the woods over some gf’s desires I will take the hike and she will probably leave so I don’t think that I could maintain a relationship now even if I fell into one. Being single is a great way of life and I think that I have developed a freedom fetish that will be very difficult to surrender for a LTR.

2|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same exact thoughts, and some time it still cross my mind, I’m a introvert, so I know how it can get, and I thought of adopting too. It is comfortable being single, but I do love the idea of love, so if it happen it happen, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. I’ll still be happy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Of course. Relationships and dating are irrelevant and redundant to me. If I got nobody then I don't have anyone to lose or worry about losing! We don't need relationships or a partner to live anyway. Some people worry so much about loneliness, but forgot all about the meaning and purpose of silence and calmness. Besides, when somebody loses someone for whatever reasons it might be, they can go through a lot more suffering, miseries and pain and they may not always recover or heal completely.

0|0
    0|0
  • How do you know you don't want a relationship if you've never had one?

0|1
    0|0
    • Because I feel comfortable being single & never met anyone I clicked with.

• I guess I'm at the same point. I've had relationships before but it doesn't interest me at the moment. You're opinion will probably change when you meet someone you really like.

• Pretty much and the reason being is that i just dont think i could bring myself to be emotionally intimate with a woman bcs of the treatment i recieved in the past... it suck that it has to be this way but i guess that's life

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really decided, per say, but rather realize that I do not want to hurt anyone, especially if it'd be someone I'd care for or they'd care for me

0|0
    0|0
    • I know I'm really an asshole sometimes and even if I'd be in a relationship with someone I love, I would probably say or do stupid things that I will regrets later.

• Yep... a few days ago... well at least single untill after university ... so yea...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not for the rest of my life, but just till I find someone I like.

0|0
    0|0
  • My carreer choice decided this for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • So. that why you end up as a lesbo

0|0
    0|0
  • may be one day you will

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes