Any of you here decided to remain single for the rest of your life?

I'm a 19-year old female and I don't ever want to be in any romantic relationship & have completely lost interest in men. I have never been in a relationship & it feels comfortable to be single. I feel like it's impossible to find someone who understands me or I'm slightly compatible with. Is it an introvert thing? I might consider adoption in the future if I really start to want kids.

110

Most Helpful Guy

• I don’t think that anyone “decided to remain single” but rather circumstances and personal preferences determine that. Everyone today has learned to be extremely selfish and a relationship requires giving and acts of selflessness to achieve longevity. I think that a survivor of today learns to be completely mentally independent and impervious to solitude and isolation and learns to embrace it because any emotional dependence on another is almost certain catastrophe lurking. So I plan to always be alone and when some girlfriend comes along I will stay with her awhile knowing and expecting full well that she will move on. That way I never build up expectations and I discourage her from any also. The thing is, that I have become so accustomed to being on my own and doing anything I want when I want that if I prefer a hike in the woods over some gf’s desires I will take the hike and she will probably leave so I don’t think that I could maintain a relationship now even if I fell into one. Being single is a great way of life and I think that I have developed a freedom fetish that will be very difficult to surrender for a LTR.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same exact thoughts, and some time it still cross my mind, I’m a introvert, so I know how it can get, and I thought of adopting too. It is comfortable being single, but I do love the idea of love, so if it happen it happen, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. I’ll still be happy.