Do mental health issues make someone undateable?

I’ve been thinking would someone having a mental health issue put you off dating them? And how sever is too severe?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • Not unless it’s really severe
    Vote B
  • No not at all
    Vote C
  • No as long as it’s manageable
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• True to the source of the illness
    Some one whom has been through pain could use some kindness.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Would not date baby rapers or serial killers, but in today's standards seems like all is acceptable... really sad huh?

1|0
    1|0
    • I wouldn’t really say anyone thinks that’s acceptable apart from the people that do it

• it can cause some problems but not always I have dated epileptics and I had no problem with them having to seizures it just depends how comfortable the other person is but be confident in Who You Are that will make you more attractive have a good self esteem

1|0
    0|0
  • It's difficult. The whole relationship will be tumultuous. If it's nothing serious, you might try to find ways to make it work but more often than not, you or your partner will find it taxing and it will come to an end.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the specific type of mental illness and the severity of it.
    Mild anxiety? Sure.
    Severe and chronic depression? No thanks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends, if it's like they need someone watching over them at all times, no, but a functional crazy is ok👌

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated a chronically depressed girl, and I was okay with that.

Although she removed herself from the situation, perhaps I'm too funny for her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like me, I have Epilepsy. It can get cra-cra with my brain. For real. If not, I am okay. I've had my many problems with my BRAIN. UGH!

1|0
    0|0
  • It could. I have had flings start off but cause they have issues i have had to end it.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on what we´re talking about. i mean "manageable" is pretty relative xD maybe be a little more precise in what exactly you mean?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry I wasn’t very precise what I meant by manageable was something that doesn’t massively impact everyday life

• Show All
    • i´m just saying, that it´s hard to judge the magnitude of an issue before being faced with said issue :D all i can say is that from my perspective i think i can handle some problems but not huge ones.

• That’s a fair perspective

• message me

1|0
    0|0
  • nope, not to me

1|0
    0|0
  • It just makes it really hard

1|0
    0|0
  • BIG RED NO
    it's harmful for everyone

1|0
    0|0
    • People who say any thing but no probably didn't have an ill spouse or family member

• Im alright with any mental problems

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that it should matter on the guy

1|0
    0|0
  • Oops I hit the wrong one
    I'm my opinion its no

0|0
    0|0
  • Truthfully that's all I've encountered.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It depends. I'm mentally ill myself so I would obviously need to be careful about dating someone else who is mentally ill. I do not have all of my symptoms under control, though I am on meds and in therapy and am trying my best. My symptoms could easily exacerbate theirs. If their symptoms weren't totally under control, they could easily exacerbate mine. I suppose if both of us could handle it, I'd be open to it, but I'm almost certain I wouldn't be able to cope.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fucking stupid if you can't be with a person just because of their condition lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes