What is a hopeless romantic?

Would you date a hopeless romantic?

2|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Urban dictionary definition:

"Hopeless Romantics are NOT Hopeless per-say, but very true, caring, and loving people. They are "NOT MADE FOR TODAYS STANDARDS", sadly. They believe in passion, chivalry, and true love. They have loved sincerely at one point in their life, discovered what love feels like, and can't understand why it was not returned in the same form. Hopeless Romantics are usually dreamers, idealists, and sincere, however what they expect in any relationship is a full return for their effort and caring, to be loved as much as they loved. What makes them "Hopeless" is the fact that they are few and far between in todays daily life, and usually get let down in the long run, even though they gave all they had to give, money, love, time, housing, belongings. Hopeless Romantics give 100% ALL the time, and hope for the same in return."

Yes, I would date.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Imagine a world where all is correct according to your standards of happiness, bravery, courage, being, and all the other entailments of the perfectionist mind. Now, open your eyes and perceive the world around you. For most, the world the romantics are forced to dwell in is much more frightening, unjust, and cruel than the world they choose to dwell in.

The most difficult thing about being a hopeless romantic is to separate the fiction and the reality, ultimately causing utter confusion and disappointment. It is often difficult and painful to realise that the personalities depicted in the mind are unlike the ones of those a person is enamoured with. There are days where you can deal with it and can bear the fact that the relationship between two people is pretty much the antithesis of the fabricated relationship , and then there are days where a person awakes from a dream to darkness. It is those days where separating these realms becomes a divine feat.

Hope it helps.
    *Based on Assumptions.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s when a person sees everything through rose colored glasses. They see love in everything and hold a unrealistic expectation of love. They see it as a fairy tail. I kind of am one, but I still know that it’s not ultimately gonna be as life changing as i think it’ll be

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha its like they are daydreaming?

• Show All
    • Do you think of that too?

• Most definitely. I know I gotta get it under control at least a little otherwise I’ll float in the clouds though.

• Someone who is in love with the idea of romance beyond the point of reason, would be my definition. I used to consider myself a hopeless romantic, so I don't see why I wouldn't date one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I don't even know. I hear this term a lot but have no idea what it means.

0|0
    0|0
  • im pretty sure im also a hopeless romantic

1|0
    0|0
  • Someone who is a hopeless romantic

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes