How important are looks in a long term girlfriend/boyfriend?

Let’s say you meet someone with whom you feel well and with whom you can be yourself. Everything is great, including sex, but they are admittedly not the hottest/ most good looking guy/girl you ever had something with. Would you consider them as a long term partner anyways, or would you keep them around just until you find someone more attractive?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• “…you can be yourself. Everything is great, including sex,..” I prefer this way over that hot bs. The hot girls are sooo into themselves by experience that the sex and relationship are horrible. I do not have the patience for that high maintenance crap and those end quick. I will take a plain down to earth sexually driven girl any day over a cold, self centered, narcissist fish. So no I can see through the hot “looks” plastic veneer and they have really become unattractive to me. I wouldn’t dump a good one for a fake one if that is what you are asking. Those “looks” get lost with time and then what do you have?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that looks are not that important in a long term partner. I'd rather be with somebody who makes me feel comfortable and happy than some piece of eye candy. Plus, once you love someone for who they are, they instantly become more attractive in your eyes.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE