How important are looks in a long term girlfriend/boyfriend?

Let’s say you meet someone with whom you feel well and with whom you can be yourself. Everything is great, including sex, but they are admittedly not the hottest/ most good looking guy/girl you ever had something with. Would you consider them as a long term partner anyways, or would you keep them around just until you find someone more attractive?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• “…you can be yourself. Everything is great, including sex,..” I prefer this way over that hot bs. The hot girls are sooo into themselves by experience that the sex and relationship are horrible. I do not have the patience for that high maintenance crap and those end quick. I will take a plain down to earth sexually driven girl any day over a cold, self centered, narcissist fish. So no I can see through the hot “looks” plastic veneer and they have really become unattractive to me. I wouldn’t dump a good one for a fake one if that is what you are asking. Those “looks” get lost with time and then what do you have?

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that looks are not that important in a long term partner. I'd rather be with somebody who makes me feel comfortable and happy than some piece of eye candy. Plus, once you love someone for who they are, they instantly become more attractive in your eyes.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Actually got out of a 5 year relationship because the looks weren’t the best.
    I’d just convince myself that it’s about heard. Looks are important. If you don’t go for looks.. you’ll eventually get wandering eyes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be fine with it... because I ain't no trophy myself but if I'm ever able to find a ride or die chick, best believe i ain't letting her go

1|0
    0|0
  • just lol @ the guys her saying looks aren't important

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, if she's cute, funny and caring looks doesn't matter..

0|0
    0|0
  • not all that important for looks fade with time

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate if this sounds shallow, but looks are extremely important in a relationship. I have to be physically attracted to somebody for anything at all to even go further.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• If we already got to sex and more so if it was great, then that means that I'm into his looks. I would never have sex with someone I don't find physically attractive.

0|0
    0|0
    • And by "attractive" I don't mean attractive by social standards, I mean attractive to MY standards. Attractiveness is in the eyes of a beholder, it is 100% subjective. What I find attractive, someone finds ugly, and vice versa. So who gives a fuck what others think, right?

Recommended myTakes