I want to start dating again, but trying to meet girls is so frustrating and generally unsuccessful. What the hell should I do?

So I've been single for a bit and trying to date again, but thus far I've had virtually no success. Girls I try to go out with just blow me off over and over until I give up on asking (which, fucking rude, if you're a girl please stop this shit). I know I'm decently attractive and funny, but evidently none of that helps. Hell I'd even settle for hookups at this point, but I've never done that and have no idea how to orchestrate it.
I want to give up on trying, but it feels too pathetic and emasculating being the guy who is perpetually single and never getting any. And yet trying to ask girls out is just wrecking my confidence too.
What should a guy do in a rut like this?
I have used tinder a lot. Had some success on it in the past, now I apparently suck at it because it does nothing for me.
Nothing reminds you of your place like going long periods with no matches, maybe one (who of course never responds to a message anyways).

21