Why does my generation suck at dating?

I have been single for almost 6 years, every time I go on dates now, they get to the second and then nothing... now I have dated people and they never evolve... I hate dating now and no one wants a relationship and they don’t have goals.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• "I don't get the achieved results with my actions and that means everyone else is to blame"

Oh boy. Here we go.

Grow up, OP. Get some self-responsibility.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't like you

0|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Well I am just not looking and if I am with a woman anymore it is mostly because she picked me up. I have to admit I just find other things in my life much more interesting than going out on a “date” (it actually hurts to write that word) and going through a bunch of torturous small talk, therefore I am not sure I remember how to go on one other than I remember I suffer on them. And, yes it is true I have no desire for a LTR or any goals of one. Agree with you on that.

0|2
    0|0
  • In general, both men and women want an impossible ideal but haven't put in enough time and effort to be the one their ideal person would need in a partner. Twilight and 50 Shades paint the portrait of unachievable alpha-male status while most fans spend their time simply wishing it would happen to them. In reverse, guys keep gawking and talking about Harley Quinn or other impossibly gifted and endowed woman without ever thinking about improving themselves to be worth dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I decided to quit dating. I'm not interested anymore due to several reasons :
    1-) Lack of communication
    2-) So much insecurities from the other person
    3-) Its only about sex ( gets bored )
    4-) No one really worth it actually.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had the same experience. Finding a good one is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think that for many reasons our generation are mostly fucked up, and I think our parents are mostly to blame.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think age has no barrier on when dating sucks. I believe this happens in all age groups of people. I just think we end up meeting the wrong people that's why we never make it to second base. In my age group people are also just looking for hookups and nothing more , so yes this is common. Myself i want a real
    relationship that results in marriage and possibly more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think an over-reliance on social media and online dating is at least partially to blame. It seems to have disconnected people from actually meeting each other in real life where better bonds came be formed.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think it's the whole generation , rather the people left on the market are single at this age for a reason. i face this problem also. most single girls my age or arround that age are empty people with no perspective.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we are taught we don't need each other and we should be actively cautious around the opposite sex.
    It's the bowl of skittles problem, the chances of picking the poisoned one is almost negligible but no one wants to eat a skittle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to our generation, I guess.

Was it always like this for you? Or were things easier when you were younger? For me it was always crappy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Connecting with people is hard. That's why I don't bother trying. Its more effort than its worth.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's the inability to have clear relationship goals. Impatience. And not enough role models to look up to.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because now you are essentially just getting the leftovers being a 27 year old and it will only get worse with every subsequent year.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe you need to take more responsibility in evolving into something more than two dates. No goals or not goals that suite you?

0|0
    0|0
  • "I have been single for almost 6 years" - Maybe you just suck at dating?

0|0
    2|0
  • evolve after 2 dates? nigga, you just met the dude...

0|0
    0|0
    • Read it again... I don’t get pass the second date... and I have on dates with people... and please don’t say nigga

• its a #s game. who you can get into bed and how many #s you can get. Same with my generation. I want someone normal, but sadly it dont exist

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are more into material things, why don't you text me 8023101157 or email me gigrape@hotmail. com and maybe we can get together

0|0
    0|1
  • Date outside your generation. I know exactly what you're talking about. It is frustrating.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't hate the players, hate the game

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• I feel you

0|0