How can I make him smile when he has bad feeling towards me?

So I went out with this guy a couple times. And the last time I wasn't myself. I was overthinking (he even told me) insecure and quiet. We spoke afterwards but when he didn't call me back I went kinda nuts. But in the needy desperate kinda way. Of course I got ignored. It's been about a month since I last tried to contact and I want to apologise for what happened/say I know I was nuts but I don't want him to just think argh go away. Is there a way I can make him smile? What to say? I get if he doesn't want to reconsile but I want to have no regrets. Guys what would work for you? If anything?

12